07 | ɪɴᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪʙᴀʙʟᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇ

EREN SAT BESIDE LUNA BY THE STAIRS, staring at his hands as he recalled what had happened earlier, while Levi was standing right beside them

EREN SAT BESIDE LUNA BY THE STAIRS, staring at his hands as he recalled what had happened earlier, while Levi was standing right beside them. "That was quite the wake-up call, let me tell you..." He started, "...till their blades were drawn. I had no idea how little they trusted me." Eren continued.

"And what did you expect? A suspicious nature was the top of my criteria." Levi replied and Eren glimpsed at him in shock. Luna hummed in agreement, "Orders are orders, Eren. Just because one person trusts you does not mean everyone does too. We all have our own perspectives and impressions of one another." Luna responded, hugging Eren at his side like her child as he leaned on her shoulder.

"Traditionally, you're not considered a real scout till you come back alive. But out there, there's only so little intel to go on. So many uncertainties and unknowns, it's a miracle any of us come back alive." Levi stated.

"You have to be reactive— quick— keep the ground running while anticipating the worst. That doesn't make them heartless though, their not just a bunch of mindless machines. Whatever that might've looked like out there today, I promise you that every single one of them is conflicted." He added.

"Levi's right, Eren. This is what we scouts are trained here for. Everyone values their lives—do what we must to survive. That's the harsh truth of our world." Luna told him in a calming voice, keeping the light smile on her face.

Eren stayed quiet for a while, reflecting on both his senior's words. "Miss Luna..." He mumbled, causing the woman to look over to him, "Hmm?" She tilted her head, "How do you do it?" He asked. Luna turned to the teen confusingly, "Do what exactly?"

"Smile... All the time." He said, sitting up straight and facing her, "N-Not to disrespect but, there's no way someone could always put up with that all the time, especially with the times we live now." Eren continued, then turned to face the female, "To me, it feels like you're...

...angry."

A light gasp escaped Luna's mouth as her eyes widened in slight shock. "After what happened earlier; the whole thing that happened back there and being able to change your emotions that quickly. It just seems confusing." He stated.