16 | ꜱᴘᴇᴄᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

EREN, LUNA, AND LEVI WERE ALL in the mess hall as they waited for Erwin to come

EREN, LUNA, AND LEVI WERE ALL in the mess hall as they waited for Erwin to come. A day has passed ever since the incident in their 57th Recon Mission. It wasn't as lively as it was when the rest were still alive and Eren couldn't help but feel extremely guilty this whole time.

At least the interaction between Levi and Luna was going smoothly now. And Eren seemed to notice. Did they work it all out after their comrade's death? Finally, realizing that they shouldn't hold grudges against each other? That was one small mystery Eren would like to know. Nevertheless, he was glad that the two worked it out. He thought there might've been another six years of no talking from Levi and Luna, that's what he heard from Petra.

"Here. You seem a little lost in thought." Levi handed the woman sitting on the chair beside him tea. Ever since that time in the garden, the girl's been a bit more quiet. Was it because she was now uncomfortable with him?

Well, no. Not really. She wouldn't say she was uncomfortable with him, she just seemed a bit insecure. Opening up to someone about a little portion of her past was a lot for Luna. She also had an extreme case of trust issues and never really thought she'd ever tell someone about her past again, especially him.

Luna turned to him then to the drink he was offering and gave him a close-eyed smile, "Why, how very chivalrous of you, Levi~" She accepted the tea. Levi sighed as he knew how much of a steering wheel that smile is. Being able to manipulate others' perspectives of her emotions.

The captain isn't usually like this at all, Eren thought. He really wonders what happened between the two. Or do they feel forced because the rest of the squad is gone.

But what she spewed out next had left an irritated tick from her captain, "I never expected you'd be such a gentleman, Levi - considering how grumpy you always are." She smiled at him.

"I knew you'd say that, which is why I especially laced that drink with poison." He said nonchalantly, taking a sip of his own beverage. Regardless, Luna kept a smile on her face and chuckled amusingly, "Nice try, Levi. I know poison far better than you." She stated, "Besides, even if I were to drink poison, nothing would happen." She said smugly, drinking the tea that Levi offered her.