05 | ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ

THE SCOUTS RODE WITHIN THE fields of Wall Rose under the dim of night with light coming from the flames of the torches in their hands to navigate their way through the open area

THE SCOUTS RODE WITHIN THE fields of Wall Rose under the dim of night with light coming from the flames of the torches in their hands to navigate their way through the open area. They galloped on their horses, following Hange's command.

"There's a tower nearby that'll give us access to the wall. Part of an abandoned quartification to the southwest." Hange informed, reading her notes on a small pocket notebook as Moblit up light for them.

"We ride with all haste towards Utgard Castle!"

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Daylight soon arose in the skies as the scouts neared Utgard Castle. The survivors of the titan ambush, Connie, Krista, Reiner, and Bertholdt, all watched as their friend, Ymir, was a titan shifter. The tower they were on had collapsed, expecting that they'd hopefully finally get rid of the titans within their tails.

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work as the titans arose back on their feet, removing the pieces of debris that were on top of them. Ymir went back to fight them but was regrettably unsuccessful for she was easily outnumbered by her enemies.

Because of that, the others couldn't do anything but watch as their friend gets eaten, for the teens didn't have their ODM gear equipped.

Krista gathered the courage within her, slid off the debris, and started running over to Ymir despite the number of titans. "Krista, wait!" Connie called out.

"Ymir!" Krista yelled, running over to her, "Don't do this to me!" She cried out, "Damnit! We had a deal, remember??" Tickles of tears formed in her eyes, watching as blood spurted out of Ymir's titan, "I still haven't told you my name! I promised you!"

However, as the golden-haired girl was running towards Ymir, two titans soon showed themselves upon her, causing Krista to come to a halt. When her other friends were running after her, they too stopped when the titans came within their vision.

The titans' hands were just about to grab her but then, a flash of red and purple, and the sound of the ODM gear zoomed right over to their enemy. A certain short-haired teen sliced off the nape of one of the titans. Meanwhile, for the other titan, instead of slicing the neck, the butterfly-pinned woman only created a small cut on the nape.