Bye Bye Haridwar

57 -

"TARAAAA", Darshan yelled at my ear and I rolled to the other side. "Wake up, we're going to Har Ki Paudi", he added with excitement.

This is annoying.

"We went last night", I said.

"Ugh", I sat upright. "Why did you take a shower?", I asked him.

"What, I didn't", he smirked.

"No, we're going there to bath only wear something that isn't like this", I got up looking outside the window. "You don't even have the decency to get tea or coffee", I added, looking at the chaos.

Now it feels like Haridwar.

"Apparently, this hotel does not has a kitchen", he rolled his eyes.

"There's a tea stall and Chinu is right there", I looked at Chinu who was getting tea packed.

"Show, show me", Darshan pushed me aside. "I knew obviously", he added. "Am I your servant? You need tea get it yourself", he said shutting the bathroom door close.

He didn't knew about the teastall, this idiot.

*

We all met on the main road.

"So, listen up, no. 1 ganga ji, no. 2 breakfast and then we can go shopping or anything as Nitya saw a market. At exact 4, we leave for Rishikesh. Clear? So, if you're not at the tempo traveller till 4 you as well may stay here. Okay?", Dhruwal instructed.

"Yes sir", we all said in unison.

"Waah, Dhruwal!", Darshan patted his shoulder walking besides him and I walked alone, putting earphones in my ear while I looked by the shops.

I'd a weird feeling in my stomach. I don't know how to explain it. I was feeling it. Maybe it was the universe trying to tell me something or maybe it was my sub consciousness building a defence mechanism, reminding me: it's too good to be true. Either way it was something.

*

We all reached at Har Ki Paudi and we occupied a distant ghat. The number one thing the boys did was take off their shirts and go in the water while I just looked on.

I've to mentally prepare myself to go in, and edure the coldness.

"Taran you gonna watch literally everyone is in here?", Hardik asked.

"I'm being the photographer Dick", I opened my phone while everyone posed.

There is a plastic mat that you'll see often being sold when you're on a ghat of Haridwar or any famous ghat in that perspective, it's to keep your stuff at it and sit down there.

I quietly laid back keeping Nitya's scarf on my face to escape from the sunlight and my head hurt.

I'm just feeling sad for no fucking reason on such a cool trip.

"Well, you look pretty suspicious over here. Keeping real quiet", I heard Darshan and I smiled under the scarf.

"I know you're not accusing me right now", I said.

"Not accusing. Just observing", he said. "What's wrong Vaid?", he chipped and I opened a little portion of the scarf to see him.

He had a towel hung around his neck in a U shape while his chain dangled around his chest.

Holy smokes.

"Stop checking me out! Didn't I ask you something?", he asked without looking, a smirk on his crimson lips.