At The Time

59 -

"Yeah my paycheck came around the end of the month so I was like broke all this month but I managed. Can I be called an adult now?", I sighed in frustration as I looked at the packed stuff.

"You shouldn't have moved in the first place? Are you both idiots?", Tripti lectured.

"The thing is, he and I, we don't give things too much thought. Especially what will happen next. We wanted to move in together, we did. That's probably the best and worst part of our relationship you know", I said, gulping down water.

"Are you going to get married and be like we thought we'd get married and we did? That simple", Tripti went on.

"Getting married is something different. It's, at this point, things are serious I think. He just wants his dad around and our place is real small so that's something we have to do", I said.

"His dad approves of you?", Tripti asked.

"Well, I haven't met him officially but what he said was yeah he's cool but I think his dad's unsure with Dhriti being the perfect woman on the planet", I told her.

"It must be good to move in and out when you want, you don't even have to worry about the money", she said.

"Yeah but I get high blood pressure and social anxiety. At this point I've stopped explaining people. It's like no matter how much they say they'll hear what they want to so it's better to save your energy", I told her.

"I wish we'd still be single though", Tripz stated.

"I kinda agree. It'd be all so simple. Being in love is sometimes tiring and pressurizing", I sighed, resting my hands on the balcony railing.

"Thank god somebody said that, yes it is", she said.

"Is everything cool between you & Sid?", I asked her.

"It's all cool but my mom and his mom and he, they think we should get married. It's time. I'm already 26", she said.

"Isn't it early though?", I asked her.

"Kinda but also Sid sat down and explained what he has in mind", she told me.

"And what is it?", I asked her.

"Like, he thinks, it's not like we get married. It'll take a year to plan everything from the wedding to the honeymoon and we both have stable jobs for now. Then he's like, even if we get married in one year, it's not like we're ready to plan a family. It'll take us two years to reach there. We've a lot of time so getting married doesn't mean we've to do things the way people ordinarily do", she explained.

"And what do you think?", I asked her.

"I'm considering", she said.

"Oh", is all that could come out.

"Okay, listen, I'll visit you in the evening. Gotta go, lunch break is almost over", she said.

"Bye Nugget", I said.

"Bye Taco", she hung up.

I called Chintan.

"You know what Tripti is considering getting married. FOR REAL. Can you believe it?", I yelled.

"Yes, I can because it's not that unbelievable. She can, it's a good thing to do", he told me.

"What? Are you also considering?", I asked him.

"Not this year but yeah next year sounds good no?", he asked cheerfully.

"Yeah super good", I said.