This Shouldn't Have Happened

09 -

"So, you don't want to ask why am I here?", Darshan asked, as we sipped our coffees in complete silence until he decided to break that ice.

"As soon as you're ready, man", I jerked back resting my back at the back of the sofa.

"So, I meant when I said I came to check up on you. I was kind of thinking about you since a couple of days", he looked at me.

How did I cross his head?

Sexually?

Emotionally?

Strangely?

Um, well it's sort of...some attention which I'm not used too. I didn't notice but I was thinking for too long and it was awkward...again.

If I'd to name this relationship something it'd be 'AWKWARD AF'.

"I'm starving!!!", I sighed, getting up.

"It's almost 12, midnight", he looked at me and I shrugged.

What is this guy even?

"So, your appetite comes in according to time. Very punctual. Mine doesn't", I walked into the kitchen. "You don't have to stay there sitting awkwardly Raval", I said out loud and moments late I heard footsteps and he appeared.

"I was about to leave", he clicked his lips as I kept the pan of Maggi on the stove.

"Too bad, I thought you'll stay for Maggi but nevermind I'll just have it", I suppressed my smile. "Well, thanks for coming! It was nice having some company", I added, quickly.

"We barely talked. It was too awkward...Tara", Darshan widened his eyes which made me chuckle as I added salt and stirred the noodles.

"Comfort comes after you've had awkward Raval!", I stated. "Also, people don't come to my house to check up on me often. It's new. Everyone always has a reason or a purpose, to complete an assignment or party or movie or an all nighter, I don't know. It was good to have someone who was genuinely awkward and had nothing in mind", I looked at him and resumed, "or did you had something in mind?", I questioned, raising a brow.

I waited to ask this since so long.

"HEY! If you think I was here to have sex with you then NO!", he retorted immediately and I sitrred the noodles again without looking at him.

"See, we came clean", I smiled at him.

"Oh, what a bit-", he stopped abruptly probably his cele-manners struck him.

"Your celebrity manners just hit you, boom! Public imagine - 01, Darshan Raval - 00", I commented and he made a nasty face.

"Please, okay? Please! You did that on purpose", Darshan slightly leaned on the kitchen slap as I took two plates out of the shelf.

"What on purpose exactly Raval?", I asked him, placing the plates on the slap.

"Oh, you know well Vaid", he said in a challenging tone and I looked back at him, he was half smiling. Ooo, hey you just made friends with him but than when has it ever worked? Pfft.

"I know nothing", I rolled my lips, serving Maggi in both the plates.

"You know everything, I can see that Vaid", he winked and I gulped handing him his plate. This surname game was too strong. "Spoon?", Darshan softly mentioned.

"You want chopsticks?", I smirked and gave him the chopsticks.

I kind of had an obsession with chopsticks and after years of trying I learnt how to use them properly so I've quite a collection, like an Avengers one and one with cute little bunnies and a steel one and one this wooden type of.