- Tara

24 -

[Bonus Chapter: Darshan's POV]

I kept the keys at the table and removed my shoes with one leg, walking inside and Dhruwal was still on his laptop, Jyugal was still watching TV, Hardik was still playing Pubg, Rudra was texting as he always do and Meet sat there reading The Great Gatsby.

The book Tara gifted me and I never touched.

No one can blame me, I told her.

But...

It's my fucking book.

"Hey, you keep it down", I ordered him and Meet looked up.

"I'm halfway. Let me finish it dude", he argued and I shook my head.

"Go buy it yourself", I sat down beside Dhruwal and he glanced at me before shifting his gaze back to Meet.

"Why are you being a dick to him?", Dhruwal asked, siding with Meet as always.

These guys have a fucking propaganda.

"He was hitting on Tara", I told him. "And I dislike and do not support it", I stated.

"You know you've a girlfriend?", Dhruwal glared at me.

"So? Doesn't mean Meet will lurk around my friends. Especially her", I pushed a fake smile at Meet.

"Darshan if you're so hurt I promise you I wouldn't hit on her", Meet closed the book shut.

"I believe you", I said replying to Dhriti on WhatsApp.

"Glad you do", Meet said.

"But I also believe the fact that a penny dropped from the empire state building can kill a person on the sidewalk so I wouldn't look much into it", I sarcastically spoke and I could feel all eyes on me that I graciously ignored. "All in all, I don't want you and Tara to be a thing", I looked at him.

"Why are you so jealous? Do you want me to call Dhritz?", Meet's jaw set.

"I told you already what I want you to do, imply it", I looked at him.

"My fault, I thought I was dealing with an adult", Meet rolled his eyes. "I won't hit on her although she's pretty hard to resist but you're in a deep mess", he added and I walked off.

"I hate HIM", I heard Meet blabber.

"You say that all the time to each other. Have some shame you guys!", Dhruwal told him and I smiled.

I walked inside my room, shutting it close. I changed into a nice pyjama and t-shirt before searching for Tara's gift in the pile of gifts that were falling off the table.

It was small, where is it?

That box...yeah it's in my jacket. It was in my jacket. My jacket in the laundr...fuck.

I rushed out to Kumar Bhaiya who looked at me as if I was an aline.

"Dinner Karenge Bhaiya?", he asked and I shook my head. (Will you have dinner?)

"Nahi, Mera Pet Full hai. Bhaiya Mere jacket Mei Ek box Tha, wrapped", I asked him. (No, I'm full. I'd a box in my jacket which was wrapped)

"Fridge Pe Hai", he smiled at me and I smiled back before picking it up on from the fridge. (It's on the fridge)

I walked back in my room and closed the door with the help of my leg, sitting on the bed as I hastily opened the gift she'd given me.

"Darshan uncle called, call him back", Dhruwal yelled.