The World Is Beautiful

40 -

"And where will you feed 10-15 people? This is a flat sufficient for three people", Papa glared me.

"Yeah, with three separate rooms and three separate ACs?", Nivi mocked. "The AC you don't let us switch on by the way", she added and I chuckled.

"You will only cook", papa sat down lazily.

"It was a matter of my pride papa like seriously", I eyed him. "And I'm only cooking", I rolled my eyes.

"You have pride?", papa sarcastically mentioned and Nivs laughed.

My phone rang and I swiped right to answer, getting up from the sofa.

"Hey, Vaid, are you really serious about the dinner? I mean, you don't have to do it really seriously", Darshan began.

"No, it's cool. Let Hardik enjoy! And apart from that I have already started cooking, in fact I'm almost done", I told him.

"Oh, you're cooking?", he asked.

What, then who'll cook?

"Don't say you didn't knew that I can cook", I rolled my eyes to myself.

"I knew, really it's just that I didn't knew you can cook a proper meal like I thought you just know the basics", Darshan uttered.

"Yeah, no I can cook almost everything", I said. "Okay, I gotta go but when will you guys be here?", I asked.

"Um, looks like I have to meet a few people here so they'll be coming over so it'll take us an hour probably", he told me.

"Ten, be here by ten", I hung up.

*

"If we can move the dining table to there, I think that will make enough space for everyone to sit", I assumed.

"I always said, let's take a bigger dining table", Neiva looked annoyed. "It looks more aesthetic, then you could've sat on one end and and papa on the other, like a movie", she explained.

"Well, for three people a six-seater is enough. I'm going to go in my room, you do whatever the hell you want to do", papa walked in.

"What, we're shifting this alone then?", Nivs rolled her eyes and I shrugged.

While we shifted the dining table and set up mattresses covering them with sheets, the dinner was done.

"How many seater is Darshan's dining table?", Nivs asked randomly.

"It's also six seater", I told her.

"I thought it'd be bigger", she said.

"Well, it could've been bigger but there's almost no space in Mumbai like its super expensive so", I told her just when the bell rang and I walked towards the main door.

Switching it open I said, "Hi guys".

"I thought you lived in the DDA flats. You literally live in a private society, you're rich", Nitish commented as they walked in.

"Hey, we took this house on loan plus this is mostly my dad's", I defended myself.

"Nice place yaar Taran", Hardik mentioned and I smiled.

"Where's uncle?", Darshan asked.

"He slept or maybe he's just scrolling Facebook", I told him.

"Arey, invite him too na", Darshan insisted.

"Trust me, he'll come if he'll want to. Desi parents give zero effs about privacy", Nivs stated and they chuckled.

"Tara yaar there's like really hot girls in your society", Sagar said.