I Encourage You Not To Die

22 -

I sat on the bonnet holding my laughter, he looked so funny.

The restaurant he wanted to take me had its shutter down with a paper stuck on it quoting: 'Restaurant Closed' in block, big, bold letters and the shopkeeper of the shop next to the restaurant told Darshan it was due to losses and stuff.

"How can they shut it? How? It was so good", Darshan complained for about the zillionth time.

"Poor they, you would've financed for them", I mocked Darshan.

He walked and sat on the bonnet as we looked at the closed shutter.

"It was my favorite restaurant", Darshan sighed.

"And now it's closed", I was feeling sad too.

He radiated a lot of sad vibes.

"I always came here. I didn't get time from past few months but I did come here often. This was like, this place had so many memories of mine", he said, dully.

"Stand there", I told him and but his head hung low. "Gosh, just stand there", I pulled him to stand near the shutter.

I clicked a picture of him and looked at it.

"You'll remember", I showed him the picture, it was good.

"What, that I found out my favorite place shut down on my birthday", Darshan walked upto the seat next to the drivers'. I walked and stood there idly.

"Drive", Darshan threw the keys at me and I caught them.

Good thing I knew how to drive.

We drove silently. It was an okay-ish birthday but really bad according to him. I see the point in being upset over things, over things that leave and shut. It's just bloody nostalgic.

"So, what place are you taking me to?", Darshan asked, out of nowhere.

I thought for a brief moment as I'd no place in my mind and he clearly wasn't in a mood to throw recommendations.

That?

Maybe?

"Do you want to do something absolutely unexpected. Either we'll have a thrilling time or either it's going to be your worst birthday ever", I stated and he looked at me blankly.

"Well, it's already a worst birthday anyways so I'll take the risk", he said and I cheerfully smiled at him. "Where are you taking me then?", he asked.

"Home", I replied.

"It's just 6:30 Tara. I won't go home", Darshan sulked. "Plus, if you're taking me home to celebrate in a private corner and space with a safe energy, I'll pass", he rolled his eyes.

"We're picking some things from there, cool?", I scoffed. "Such a bore", I smirked at him and he looked at me in utter confusion.

"Don't get me killed", Darshan said and I lightly laughed.

"You don't like your home?", I teased him.

"Apparently, not. It doesn't feels like home although I live there and it's comfortable", Darshan pulled out his phone. "What is home anyway?", he taunted.

"Well, being home is a feeling rather than a place", I honked and pressed the accelerator. "Also, why do you feel like this is the worst birthday? You threw a grand party...pig", I joked.

"Grand party, huh? Not so grand to me. I throw that party once in every few months. It's not even a special thing anymore", Darshan told me.

"Did you open my gift?", I asked him.