Happy 26 Raval!

23 -

I drove past the circle and stopped slightly in front of the Imperial Tower II, and rolled down the window. Darshan looked outside.

"Someday I'll like to buy a house here", I bent down, closer to Darshan as I gazed at the magnificent skyscraper.

"Why here?", Darshan asked, as we both looked at it.

"This is the tallest constructed building to exist in here. It's 60 floors tall, one of the highest to exist in India. For the rooftop, the view", I sighed, as I got back and Darshan looked at the building while I rolled up the windows, starting the ignition. "Imperial Tower II", I stated with a heavy sigh.

"This must be super expensive, even for me", Darshan admitted and I smiled.

"Of course, the CEO of Axis and HDFC bank live here. Some US bond dignity I don't know. One flat costs about 25 crores", I told him.

"You've done your research", Darshan smiled.

"I may not be beautiful but I at least know a lot of useless information", I joked and he chuckled.

"You like to hear it, don't you?", Darshan smirkedamd I shrugged.

"Every women likes to hear it, love", I flicked and he chortled.

"You're beautiful", he looked at me and I bowed down a little, accepting his compliment.

"Thank you monsieur", I said, softly.

"You're welcome mademoiselle", Darshan brushed gently and my head snapped to look at him. I frowned in surprise. "Only you're allowed to learn languages?", he half smiled and I pressed my lips.

"Of course not but it came as a surprise", I concluded. "It sounded sexy", I added and he laughed lightly. "What did you think when you bought a house anyways?", I asked him.

"When I bought a house? Um, nothing much. I was actually happy to find one", he told me. "And then we got it renovated though I took a loan for it", he explained. "But one thing that I specifically wanted was my studio and I did get it renovated two times but anyways", Darshan opened a chewing gum, putting in his mouth which was lying on the dashboard.

"Why did you get it renovated two times?", I asked him.

"Because it was getting boring and I needed it clear", he quickly replied. "What's the one thing you'd want in your house specifically?", he shot.

There's a lot of things that I'd like really.

Pool. Jacuzzi. Library.

I don't know.

"I'd want a beautiful kitchen", I said, as I thought. "Like, mordernly equipped and just gorgeous sort of a kitchen", I smiled to myself. "Dare you laugh at it okay?", I looked at him.

"Why would I? What's a house without a kitchen?", Darshan said. "Did you say no to Navneet, then?", he asked

"Yes I did in a clichéd fucked up way", I sighed, thinking about it. "He deserved better", I added as we crossed the signal. "And not like I'm some dark person who breaks everything she touches and all that. I do hate myself occasionally but mostly I'm good with how I'm but he deserved someone like...Dhriti you know what I mean?", I went on. "Though I think I'll always love him", I pouted, weirdly.

Confessing your feelings is weird.

Stupid.

Weird.

"So, if you love him then why don't you want to be with him?", Darshan turned to me. "Don't say because you don't date", he pressed the last word.

"No, I avoid dating. I would've tried it with him but you know sometimes you love the idea of certain things. You love them sure but you're not in love with them", I said, softly.