Part One: Chapter Eight

"You see this?" Negan asked, him and (Y/N) walking along the road, Daryl trailing behind like a ghost. Rick trailed behind as well as some Saviors from a house took everything in sight. "This is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls." He raised his hands and dropped them, taking (Y/N)'s hand too. "A little cooperation, and everything is pleasant as punch. See, we really are reasonable people once you get to know us. Honest, just ask (Y/N) here." He let go of her hand, reaching into a nearby cooler. Rick and her were in arms length now. He reached for her arm, but she stumbled back, shaking her head no, mouthing 'Don't.'

Negan chugged a soda, leaning back while he walked. "Ah," He exclaimed, tossing the empty can to the floor. "Damn, I love this place." He said, all three of them trailing behind him now.

"Negan!" A Savior called, catching his attention. "Somethin' you might wanna see." He handed Negan a camera, the camera Deanna used to interview Rick. To interview all of them. (Y/N)'s interview was on there, somewhere.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Negan said, as Saviors in the backround hauled beds out of houses. "I got my fingers crossed for a little freaky-deaky!" He crossed his fingers for a second, smiling at Rick, who looked out past Negan. He turned on the camera to Rick talking. "Jesus!" He exclaimed. "Is that you Rick, under all that man-bush?" Rick didn't reply. "Shee-ot. I would not have messed with that guy." He turned off the camera, walking in front of Rick, pointing it at him. "But that's not you anymore, is it?" He sighed, turning the camera to himself, his eyes wide and physcotic. "Nope!" Touching his beard, he handed the camera to a Savior. "I really gotta shave this shit." He remarked. He had said that before...

She was glad he hadn't pried through the camera more, or else he might've seen her interview. God, she looked so different in it. She remembered it so vividly.

"Whatever happend to that sick girl? That seemed like a hell of a stressful night for her. The way she was carrying on, she was married to number two, right?" Negan was clearly taunting Rick. Even though (Y/N) couldn't see her father's face, she knew he slowly looked up at Negan, hate in his eyes. The way she looked at him once. "Careful. Careful how you're lookin' at me, Rick." Rick looked away. "Widows, espically ones that look like that.." He exhaled sharply, "they...are special."

"Like me?" (Y/N) chimed in, her eyes dark. Her glare was set on Negan's face as his eyes flicked to her. "No one's like you, darlin'." He said, grabbing her hand again, a cheeky smile on his face. She could see Rick's grip tightening on Lucille. "I love 'em." Negan continued talking about Maggie. "After their husbands have gone, they are just empty inside." And then, in a sing-song tone, "But usually not for long." He chuckled suggestively, as (Y/N) squirmed her way out of his hand. "Don't embarass me, (Y/N)." He said, leaning into her. She kept her gaze down. He turned back to Rick. "Anyways, where is she? I would love to see her."

"Do you care to pay your respects?" Father Gabriel asked from behind, making both (Y/N) and Negan startle.

"Ho-ly crap! You are creepy as shit, sneakin' up on me, wearin' that collar with that freaky ass smile." Father Gabriel's smile twitched.

"My apologies. I'm Father Gabriel." Negan scoffed, a smile still on his face.

"She didn't make it?"

Rick slowly shook his head.

"What?" (Y/N) asked, tears filling her eyes. She pushed past everyone, making her way to the graves. They lagged behind her, following Father Gabriel.

She searched the graves, seeing a few unmarked. Father Gabriel appeared, standing over the one she thought was Maggies. tears fell down her cheeks. Negan slowly appeared behind them, sighing. "Damn tragedy." He said, putting an arm around (Y/N). She could have sworn he gave her a sympathetic squeeze. "That's what this is." He sighed deeply. "This must really suck for you guys. Number one? That was on me. No choice there. Lessons had to be learned? But number two? That didn't need to happen. Daryl there forced my hand!" He looked at Daryl, who stood there, his face with so many emtions, yet too little emotions, too hard to comprehend. "Probably put her right on her back, huh? Damn. I was gonna ask her to come back with me." Rick looked at his daughter, who was crying silently next to Negan, then to Negan, who had his arm around her.

"Oh, I know what you're thinkin'. How could I have a shot, the guy who just bashed her husband's head in?" He paused to chuckle. "You'd be surprised. Boy people they-" He was cut short by a gunshot. He looked at (Y/N), then looked at Rick for a moment, his smile faded. He then let go of her, walking past Rick to the noise. Rick managed to lean into (Y/N) before continueing to walk behind Negan. "Maggie's at hilltop." He whispered. She couldn't make out everything he said, but her heart skipped a beat and she knew Maggie was okay.

~
Inside Rick's house, Carl aimed a gun at the Saviors. "Put some back," He cocked the gun hammer back, "or the next one goes in you." The Saviors chuckled.

"Kid, what do you think happens next?" He asked Carl.

"You die." Carl's words were sharp, keeping the gun on them.

"Carl, Carl, put it down." Rick coaxed, standing next to Carl now.

"No. He's taking all our medicine. They said only half our stuff!" Carl kept his attention on the Saviors as Negan appeared, walking up to them. (Y/N) lagged behind, not wanting Carl to see her.

"Of course." Negan dragged out his words. "Oh-ho, really kid?"

Carl was panting. "And you should go...Before you find out how dangerous we all are." Carl pointed to the left with his gun before resuming it onto the Savior.

"Well, pardon me, young man, and excuse the shit out of my goddamn french, but did you just threaten me? Now I get threatening Sam here," The Savior behind Negan gave Carl a sadistic grin, "but threatening me? I can't have it. Not him, not me."

"Carl, just put it down." Rick begged in a small voice.

"Don't be rude, Rick. We are having a conversation here." Negan said, holding a finger to Rick before looking back at Carl. "Now, boy, where were we? Oh, yeah. Your giant man-sized balls. No threatening us. Listen, I like you, so I don't want to go hard provin' a point here. You don't want that." Negan's usual smile was gone, replaced with a scary look. "I said half your shit, and half is what I say it is." He paused.

"I'm serious. Do you want me to prove how serious? Again?"

Carl sighed, lowering the gun, handing it to their dad. Negan raised his hand, taking the gun. "You know, Rick, this reminds me, you have a lot of guns. There's all the gun you took from my outpost when you killed all my people, with a shit-ton of your own guns, and I'm bettin' there's even more. Which adds up to an abosolute ass-load of guns! And as this little emotional outburst just made crystal clear...I can't allow that." Rick and Carl shared a glance. Negan's smile resumed. "They're all mine now, so tell me, Rick. Where are my guns?"