Part One: Chapter Twenty-Six

(Y/N) ran and slid behind the nearest car next to Tara, breathing heavily as she reloaded her army-styled gun. Rosita nearby was shot, letting out a pained groan as the speed of the bullet jerked her shoulder back. Tara ran out from behind cover and grabbed her hand, running back to the houses as (Y/N) and Daryl both covered them, firing rapidly.

Yelling and screaming was all that (Y/N) heard, and everything blurred together. She saw Negan and Simon running for cover, and heard an enraged yell as something inside her took over. She kept firing at Negan's direction, standing her ground. She knew she couldn't hit him, but she couldn't stop, either.

Well, she stopped eventually. But in the process, she took a bullet to the thigh. Falling on the ground, she screamed out, dropping her gun and clutching her thigh. "Fuck!" She yelled crouching down all the way and covering her head.

"(Y/N)!" Daryl yelled out. "I'll cover you."

She nodded, but she doubted he could see her. As the Saviors reloaded, Daryl leapt out from behind the car, firing anywhere and everywhere. She clawed and crawled her way behind the car, sitting against the tire.

"Well, fuck." She murmured to herself as gunshots continued to fill the air. Tearing from the hem of her shirt, she pulled off a thin strip as Daryl panted next to her, leaning against the car door, his head ducked down.

"You gonna be alright?" He asked her, looking at her bleeding wound nervously. She nodded, softly touching her leg and twisting it around so that she could see the backside of her thigh.

"There's an exit wound, I'll be fine. Go." She told him without looking at him, wrapping the strip of cloth above her wound, tieing it off tightly. Cut blood flow off, check. She just hoped this was over soon so she could get medical attention and it wouldn't get infected.

Daryl disappeared without another word and she tore off another strip and tied it around her actually wound, grunting through the pain. Just to be safe, so she didn't get anything inside the wound. She could feel the melted flesh around the wound against the cloth, the peices of skin that aren't made to be exposed rubbing against it. It felt like really bad rug burn everytime she moved. She let her head hit heavily against the tire as she pulled out the handgun Dwight gave her earlier and peered around the corner of the car. She cursed under her breath and she stood up, with much effort, and waited for a good moment to make a run for it.

Blood was slowly seeping through the white cloth as she took her chance, running into Alexandria as fast as she could manage, firing a few shots behind her as she did. She kind of looked like her father. Half-running, half-limping, lazily firing a gun behind her. No, she definetly looked like her father.

It became quiet around her as (Y/N) rounded a corner, huffing and panting as she pressed her back against the wall of a house. She opened the gun barrel to see one round left.

For Negan, she decided. She just had to find him. As she heard yelling indistinctively in the distance, she glanced around, dead bodies about as her eyes surfed for Negan. There, in a field. She could see Carl's hat over the tall grass. She shifted more and could see Negan and Jadis. Negan looked displeased, or she thought he did, she couldn't tell from this far away. She had to get closer.

She crept around the corner, wincing as she stepped. Someone looked in her direction and she froze, terrified. She let out a breath, though, as she realized it was Dwight. He cocked his head to the left, gesturing to the house next to them. She nodded and sprinted across the street, heading in between the houses, able to hear what they were saying now. Most of it.

"...makes your kid spagehtti."

Okay, weird enough.

"Oh, shit maybe this is on me. Maybe this is all on me." Negan said as (Y/N) strained to hear. "I gotta make it right. I guess I gotta start all over again." He pro-longed the "l"'s in all for dramatic affect. "I gotta tell you Rick, if I had a kid, I'd want him to be just like your kid. Which makes this so much harder." He said in a gruff tone.

She heard Carl's deep voice, muttering something indistinctively. Negan chuckled at whatever he said. "Carl. It is over. Why don't you point your one ball up the street there and take it all in?" He leaned in close to Carl as (Y/N) peered around the corner at the scene. She cocked her gun, swallowing hard and pulling it up to her chest. She heard a screech, a terrified scream and darted her head to that direction on instinct.

She couldn't see anything over the tree in the way, which pulled her attention away from what Negan was saying to Rick. Her ears were immideatly sucked back into their conversation when she could barely hear her father's voice speak out. "...Take my hands...told you...kill you. All of you...not today...tomorrow...nothing is gonna...that."

That was all (Y/N) was able to barely make out. But, his next words were loud and clear. "You're all already dead."

Silence then overtook before she glanced around the corner to see Negan in Rick's face, beaming. Negan whispered something before grunting as he stood up, walking around Rick and tossing Carl's hat the the ground. "You said I could do it." He said, raising Lucille.

(Y/N) leapt around the corner, but she wasn't the only one. A fucking tiger ran passed her and leapt onto the man behind Negan. In shock, her jaw fell to the ground and she dropped her gun. Screaming and gunshots filled the air as horses whinnied and more people ran in. Carol and a man with dreads leading. "End these Saviors and their accomplices!" The man with grey dreads yelled. "Alexandria will not fall, not on this day!" He yelled and fired more shots. As the tiger had its way with its victim, Rick crawled for a nearby gun, but a Savior caught him and cocked his rifle.

He was gunned down. (Y/N) turned her head in the direction of which the gunshots came. Maggie. "Phalanx out, third group now!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, holding her gun in front of her nose and firing more shots.

"Move up! Now we got your backs!" Daryl yelled, right along side Maggie and the new group of people approached. (Y/N) found her nerve again, picking up the nearest gun and joined along side them. Together they all fought off the Saviors that slowly started fleeing, their numbers quickly deteriorating. (Y/N) could see Negan behind a car firing a gun with Lucille in one hand. She rapidly fired at him, holding down the gun trigger, making him duck down before standing back up, yelling something indistinctive before ducking back down.

He made his move, running off before anyone could get a good shot on him. Everyone advanced on them, pushing them out near the front gate. It was looking good for Alexandria. A flare was fired into the bright sky, then suddenly, everywhere (Y/N) looked, it was just fog. Daryl and her began scanning around, running with a group to search for any sign of what happend. She saw trucks fleeing, and everyone raised their guns in hate, letting the truck have it as Negan sat in the passengers side, flipping them off.

They chased after the trucks as they drove further out the gate, but they all scattered as a hail of gunfire rained down on them from Scavengers who had higher ground. They quickly fleed over the wall as Alexandria and the other communities fired back. "Now!" Daryl yelled, gesturing to the gate.

Two men who she didn't recognize and Aaron ran forward to the gate, pulling it hard. "Pull!" Aaron yelled, and they pulled harder, but the gate still didn't give way. It as if it was glued shut. Daryl climbed to the top of the gurard tower, hauling himself over the edge and looking confused at the empty road. Breathing heavily, he glanced around at everyone, confusion on his face.

"They're gone." He announced before climbing down. (Y/N) was equally just as confused.

But, they won. And that's all that mattered right now. And so, she smiled. But no one returned that smile.