Part One: Chapter Twenty-Four

It was a while before anyone came to see (Y/N), let alone feed her. She heard constant footsteps outside, she assumed it must be chaos. She hoped the Sancturary was finally falling. It was about time. She wondered how long the Sancturary has been the Sancturary for. It's been, what, six or seven years since it all fell apart?

How had it even started? Did Negan just appear one day, kill some people, and take it all over? Probably. She didn't care to dwell on it too much. All that mattered was the present, and the present was indeed fucked.

Her thoughts were interuppted by a loud knock on the door. "Negan?" She asked, almost immideatly, her heart was already racing out of her chest. She nearly jumped up from her spot, her muscles aching and cramping from sitting with her knees to her chest for so long.

"No." A familiar voice answered.

She sighed, relaxing back down against the wall. "Hello, Eugene."

The door opened and Eugene stood there awkwardly for a moment. He stepped in quietly with a lantern in his hand, the door closing behind him. She stared at him, her eyes glazed over with a glint of sadness.

"Sasha's infiltrated the compound. Daryl is gone and so is Sherry." He said suddenly and quickly in a deadpan tone. No expressions were given to (Y/N) to read, either.

(Y/N) slowly stood up, a dazed expression on her face. She was too hungry and thirsty to make sense of all of this. "What?" She croaked, her lips cracking with every word.

"Just thought you'd like the update. You know, since you're imprisoned in here for the time being."

"What do you mean Daryl's gone? Where's Sherry? Sasha's here?"

"Negan is planning to take her to Alexandria today."

"Why?"

He pursed his lips together.

"I've said too much." He announced before turning to leave, picking up his lantern. He knocked on the door and it swung open. The guard stood nearby with his gun ready to shoot (Y/N) if she tried anything.

"Wait, Eugene! You can't drop this on me not explain!"

But she was too late, he was already out the door and it had latched behind him. She pressed her ear against the door and listened to his footsteps receed down the hallways, echoing and bouncing off the narrow walls. She let out a frusturated groan, her hands running through her hair.

She had to get out of here. She had to find a way, just like Daryl appeared to. Where is he? She hoped he made it back home safely. When did he get out?

What about Sherry? And, what was Sasha doing here? Maybe that was the reasoning for all the constant footsteps about. Something bad was going to happen, (Y/N) could feel it. It made her feel sick, knowing she would be stuck here while her family could be potentionally fighting for their lives. The worst part of it all would be not knowing the outcome.

And, if a fight was to break out, what would become of little Judith? (Y/N)'s seen some sick things in this world, and she prayed to god no one would touch Judith like they tried to do to her. She's seen first hand how deprived the new generation of men in this world were. She was sure her father would protect Judith, but the small part of her still ached for her baby sister's status.

The silence overtook it all as she sat down, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. As quick as it came, the silence was overcome with loud footsteps, followed by a yell and a crunch. She heard something heavy being dragged for a while before footsteps found their way back to her. "Hello?" She called out as the door clicked. The door knob turned and slowly opened, as if the person freeing her was embarassed to see her. She opened her jaw to speak, but slackened it and her pupils dialated.