Part Two: Chapter Two

She didn't say anything, she didn't know how or what to say when she saw him. She felt as if she couldn't move her jaw, though her brain screamed at her to say something, or at least give him a tight head nod. His natural glow was flushed, he looked tired and...weak.

She didn't realize she was sitting there with her jaw open, looking at him with the blankest expression she could manage. Until he cleared his throat and give her a head tilt.

She cleared her throat weakly as well, but winced at the pain in her gut when she did. "You too?" He asked, referring to her wince of pain. She nodded as he slowly pushed himself off the door frame and made his way into the room. Slowly, and with a groan of pain, he slid down to the bed and sat next to her.

Silence.

It choked her.

He enjoyed it, however. A smile rested on his face as his eyes stuck to her. He traced every inch of her features, memorizing them, so if someone asked if he could draw her, he could. From the way her hair framed her face, to how her eyelashes slightly curled, how her nose was shaped, and how her eyebrows rested. Despite everything, he thought she always looked beautiful. He wondered what she did before this, if she was a model or something important. He didn't take his eyes off her for a second.

She stared at her hands awkwardly as she felt his eyes on her. She didn't have anything to say. Well, she had one thing to say.

She cleared her throat. "I'm sorry."

"I know." He replied before taking his eyes off her. They both stared forward in silence.

"We're even, don't worry." He added after a quiet minute.

She bit her bottom lip softly, her hands clenching the sheets by her sides. "Well, what now?" She asked after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

He merely shrugged. "We let things play out."

She turned her head to look at him, giving him a soft head tilt. "You aren't going to kill me?"

He chuckled before laying back on the bed. He patted the spot next to him, urging (Y/N) to lay down as well. She did, and they both stared at the ceiling.

"I like having you around, (Y/N)." He said slowly. She nodded, but kept her eyes in the ceiling tiles above them. She counted them as she picked at her nails nervously.

"But, how can I trust you? Your dad and your entire family on one side, me on the other..." He trailed off, then let out a long sigh. He let his eyes close, and (Y/N) turned her head to look at him at that moment.

She knew what he meant, and she probably wouldn't trust him either if she was in his place. She...well, she loved him. But, was she willing to give up her family for him? Sick and twisted Negan?

She was in quite the predicament. She wasn't sure where her loyalties laid, and she definetly wasn't sure what her heart wanted. But, she did remember that split second where she stabbed Negan, and she felt lile justice had just been served. Then the regret and undeniable grief that would have followed if he had died like she thought he would.

So, in this moment, she decided to chose a side. Because she had to. She didn't want to, but she had to tell him something. That didn't mean whatever she was about to tell him would be a lie, because she wanted to be truthful. But, that wouldn't stop her from trying to find a different way, to find a peaceful direction that they could all live in peace. And so no one else had to die.

Negan could never be forgiven by some people, that (Y/N) knew and understood. She herself could never forgive some of his actions, but the heart wants what the heart wants. It was as simple as that, and if everyone at home loved her, they would understand.