Part One: Chapter Twenty-One

As Negan left to the bathroom for a long while, he left (Y/N), Carl, and Judith at the table, trusting them not to do anything stupid. She was conflicted about Negan finding out about Judith. (Y/N)'s hands still slightly trembled from their interaction just a few minutes ago, but she was mostly composed by now. After a long silence, Carl reached out, taking her hand. She retracted from the table, shaking her head. "Don't."

"(Y/N), let me help you. I'll protect you, just come home." Her little brother begged her with a worried eye. His right leg was bouncing anxiously as he glanced at the bathroom door every few seconds. Judith cooed on his other leg, her fingers in her mouth. She gave him a pitiful smile. She loved how he thought he could protect her, and she didn't want to burst his bubble. He had no idea what Negan was capable of.

"Carl, I promise I'm okay. I can handle it."

"Please. Stay. Come home."

(Y/N) shook her head, pulling her eyes away from her brothers sad eye. She would probably cry if she looked at him or Judith any longer. "I can't. You don't know what he's capable of and what he'll do if I try to pull anything stupid. I'm his now-"

"What about Abraham? And Glenn?"

"They're dead! And we all will be if I stay here!" She didn't mean to say it like such a bitch who didn't care about the deaths, but it came out that way. At least to Carl. She sighed, sinking down into her chair more, putting a hand over her eyes. "I love you, I love Judith, I love daddy. But, I can't. I can't, Carl."

And on that note, Negan came out of the bathroom, a smug smile on his face along with a fresh shave.

~
They had sat in silence for a long while, (Y/N) kept her eyes on her hands in her lap, tugging at the dry skin that peeled around her cracked nails. Negan stared expectantly at the front door, then finally he sighed heavily and leaned forward. Olivia advoided eye contact with him as Judith slept in her lap. Carl slightly tilted his head up to look at negan when he spoke.

"I'm not waiting for your dad anymore.I don't know where the hyell he is, but Lucille," He held her up proudly, then set her in Rick's spot, "is hungry." No one moved or spoke when Negan unfolded a napkin and tucked it into the collar of his shirt. "Carl, pass the rolls."

Carl didn't move, staring blankly at him with a dark eye.

"Please."

Carl obeyed, the bowl clinking heavily as he practically dropped it in front of Negan's plate. Negan stared at him a while, a chuckle rising in his throat. He shook his head, a smile on his face, then he began filling his plate.

~
(Y/N) finally managed to slip out and onto the porch, leaning on the railing, taking a deep breath. Negan was being so fucking annoying, bragging about this and that, (Y/N) couldn't even eat, she felt sick to her stomach. His words still rang in her ears. She saw him go off with Spencer to a house, so she took this opportunity to check Alexandria out and see how they're doing. She heard a small commotion, making her head snap to the direction of the sound.

Dad?

She saw the Saviors kicking someone on the ground.

Oh shit.

"Goddamnit." She mumbled to herself, collecting herself and thumping down the wooden steps in her heels as fast as she could. She took about three steps before sighing frusterately, then loosened the small bands around her ankles, kicking them off and running faster.

"Hey!" She yelled, close to the problem, but not close enough that they could hear her. She scuffed to a stop, the hot concrete of the cracked road burning beneath her bare, calloused feet. Ripping one of the Saviors off of the man on the ground, he rebounded and swung his arm at whoever had yanked him off, hitting her across the face.

"Fuck!" She yelled out, holding her cheek. The Savior's face twisted from anger to fear when he saw who it was, but it quickly flickered into annoyance. "Get the hell off him. Isn't it enough that we're providing for you jackasses, just leave us be!" She yelled in his face. The Savior glared at her, but he didn't say anything. Rick weasled his way through to Aaron, but his eyes remained on his daughter. She looked so different, clean, in a short dress, looking as if she had a job interview, like she wasn't running for her life some odd weeks ago.

"(Y/N)..?" He wanted to question, but he was cut off by a gunshot. He gazed behind her like a deer caught in the headlights as she snapped around. "Shit."

She turned back to them, Rick now had Aaron up and his arm slung over his shoulder. Aaron looked as if he was barely functioning, going limp. He looked liked he would flop on the ground if it wasn't for Rick holding him up. Her and her father shared a gaze, none of them saying a word before she gave him a short, sincere head-tilt, then turned towards the gunshot, and began running. She prayed that Negan hadn't done something more to them.

~
When she strode upon them, feet burning on the hot, cracking road, she had to weave her way through the crowd of Alexandrians and Saviors. She could see Arat pinned on top of someone, a body nearby, Negan splattered in a rather neat streak of blood, and a pool table? Yeah, a pool table. In the middle of the road. Okay.

Negan looked visibly angry, pacing, truing to calm himself. "What is this?" He asked, anger engraved in his tone. He held up something small and shiny. (Y/N) only realized it was a bullet casing when she was close enough to see what was happening. Arat's knife peirced into Rosita's neck softly as Negan took a breath.

"What is this? This little bad boy made from scratch?" He examined the casing, mostly talking to himself now. "Look at those crimps. This was homemade." He took a couple steps towards Rosita, still breathing heavily. "You may be stupid darlin', but you showed some real ingeniuty here. Arat, move that knife up out on that girl's face." Arat did as she was told, moving the knife from the slightly squirming Rosita's neck onto her cheek, pushing down hard. Rosita swallowed hard. Negan bent down low, anger rising in his tone. "Lucille's beautiful, smooth surface will never look the same, so why should yours?!"

"Negan, stop it!" (Y/N) called out, eyes clipping onto her, and she immedealty regretted saying anything. She felt like she started to shrink away when Negan's eyes burned into hers as he slowly stood up straight, ignoring her. "Unless. You tell me who made this." He said, his eyes heading back to Rosita.

"It was me. I made it." Rosita panted on the floor, her arms by her head.

"You see, now I just think you're lying." He announced, his natural theatrical tone was back, and he bounced of his words again, a smile across his face. "And you lying to me now?!" It was gone again, and his sentence ended in a gruff yell. "Such a shame. Arat's gonna have to cut up that pretty face." He over emphasized face, and he gestured to Rosita with Lucille. Rosita's breath was fast as Arat's knife began to dig into her cheek, and small spots of light red blood began to poke out from under the knife. "One more try." Negan said. Arat's knife dug harder into Rosita's skin, and dark blood began to seep out.

"It was me." Rosita said again, a sneer on her face. Arat pulled the knife back, leaving a deep cut on her cheek, dripping down the side and heading for the concrete. Negan chuckled loudly as Arat looked back at him. "Oh! You are such a badass!" His tone had chuckles on it. Everyone was silent, fear filled their eyes, and no one dared to speak, espically not (Y/N). She was in enough trouble as it is, she knew she couldn't take anymore heat on her back.

"Fine." Negan said after a silent second. "Have it your way." He smiled, but his smile faded on his next words. "Arat..."

Arat looked up at him, her knife still poised at Rosita's neck.

"Kill somebody."

~
A//N: Ah omg, thank you all so much for all the support! Recently, I haven't been doing so good and on top of that, I've been having a writer's block. I've figured it all out, though, and don't worry, I'm not giving up on this story. I've come so far and I'm so proud of how well this story is doing, considering it's my first Wattpad that I've ever published. I plan to finish this story and make sequels, and I'm writing a couple different XReaders currently, as well. Stay tuned, consider checking out my other Negan X Readers if you like this one! <3
~