Part One: Chapter Eleven

She didn't protest as he sat close to her on the ride back to the Sanctuary. She leaned against his side, her back to him. She slowly lolled her head back onto his shoulder. His voice was raspy when he spoke. "You're so stupid, (Y/N). Thanks for dragging me outta the moving van with you. Next time, don't." he smirked, putting a hand over her eyes.

Sputtering, she pushed his hand off her face. "Better yet, don't let me hang out of a moving van!" She almost yelled, sitting up. Negan yanked her shoulders back down. Chuckling, he leaned down, kissing her forehead.

"Fair enough. I am so very sorry, (Y/N)." He said formally, as she wiped his kiss off.

"You better be." She grumbled, turning her head so her cheek was on his shoulder.

"Hey, look at me a minute." He said. She sat up, shuffling in her seat to face him. He traced the deep cut on her cheek. She swatted his hand away, the cut slightly burning at his touch.

"I'm fine." She turned her head away again, but he grabbed her chin. He towered over her, both his eyebrows raising. "No, you are most certaintly not fine. Simon, how much longer 'till we're home?" He asked, looking up. (Y/N) studied his jaw structure from next to him, noting every little detail.

"We're comin' up on it right now, boss." Simon replied, glancing back at them in the rearview mirror. Negan nodded, patting her shoulders and pushing her upright. She sat up in the middle seat, letting out a yawn. She was tired, even though it was only about 6 or 7 PM. It had been a long day. As they opened the gate and the van drove in shakily, Negan hopped out as soon as it slowed, offering a hand to (Y/N). She scooted to the very edge of the seat, taking his hand, using both her legs to push off the edge of the van and jumped onto him, latching on around him. "Woah!" He genuinely exclaimed, nearly toppling over, but caught himself last minute. "Jesus. Tryin' to kill me again?"

"Nah, I need you to take me inside. Then I'll kill you. In your sleep. It's classier that way." She said, their faces an inch apart. They both smiled as Negan began walking inside, the guards kneeling to him. Daryl hopped out of the nearest van, staring into her soul. Her smile dropped, realizing how her in Negan's arms looked. She shook her head at him, but he looked away as Dwight approached him. Sighing, she looked away as well, putting her cheek against his shoulder sleepily.

~
"Does that hurt?" Dr. Carson asked, tapping a pen in a slightly different spot on her back. "Obviously." She snapped, glaring. Even though she was laying on a table on her stomach and he couldn't see her, she still glared. He leaned back in his chair sighing. She slowly sat up, grimancing and pulling her shirt back down.

He had already wrapped her finger in a small cast, which took longer than she would have liked, given he had to set the bone. It hurt like a bitch, but she dug her free fingernails into Negan, so it was a win-win for her.

"It's just bruising. You're lucky, it could have been much worse." He said, glancing at Negan, who was in the doorway. "Those burns on the back of your arms, however, are going to need an ointment."

She nodded slowly as he turned around, standing up and rumaging through a cabinet. He tossed a white bottle that squirted out from a black cap to her. "Take that twice a day, morning and night." She nodded, trying to read the lable, but it was in some other language. She pocketed it in her shorts.

Dr. Carson turned to Negan, who raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Want me to take a look on the scrap on your hand, there?" The Dr. asked, looking down at Negan's left hand. Negan too looked down at his hand, shrugging and nodding. He held his hand out, which Dr. Carson touched lightly, assessing the burn from the road.

"Just use the same ointment. Those burns should heal up in three to four days, if applied twice a day." He said. Were they burns or scraps, (Y/N) did not know. Both, she assumed. She nodded, standing up.

"We done?" She asked, wiping her palms on her shorts.

"Yep, just be careful on your back for a while." He mentioned as she took a lollipop from the jar. She pushed past Negan, who still stood in the doorway with Lucille on his shoulders.

"Thanks, doc." He said, turning out of the doorway to follow (Y/N). She had no idea which way to go when she came to an intersection in the hallways, so she huffed a breath and leaned against a wall, letting Negan pass her. He chuckled to himself, leading the way. Making their way up to his room, no words were exchanged. The silence was crippling, but honestly, she preferred it. She hadn't had complete silence in so long, it soothed her.

Kicking the door open with one foot, Negan strode in, carefully placing Lucille upright on one of the fancy seats.

"You're really fucking weird sometimes." She remarked, as he chuckled, walking to the mini-bar, pouring two glasses of a clear drink. Bringing it back to her, he handed her a glass, standing over her. She took it sipping it, wincing. He just stood in front of her. "The fuck are you staring at? Sit your ass down." She mumbled, looking over the glass to the right. He set his glass down, walking to the bathroom without a word. He came back with a box of bandages. He sat down close to her, setting the box down next to him.

"Come here." He said, his bandana in his hand. She frowned but leaned forward, her legs on top of his now. He rubbed the dried blood off her cheek with his bandana, which was slighty damp. He probably wet it in the bathroom.

He did that to the cut on her forehead and her cheek before pealing the little papers off the sticky part of the bandage, softly placing it over her cheek. She searched his eyes as he unwrapped another bandage, placing it over her forehead, tossing his bandana onto the table and grabbing his glass. He downed it, shaking his head after. "Damn, that's strong!"

She only nodded, looking away. She didn't want to admit that she felt something during that, but she did. Was it a spark between them? Maybe it was just her hatred slightly dying down.

"Thanks for that, I guess..." She said, clearing her throat.

"I guess?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess."

He chuckled, brushing strands of her hair behind her ear. "You're like no one else I've ever met." He simply stated before leaning in. But this time, she didn't rear away, she didn't push him away, she didn't slap him. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. One of his hands of cupping her face, the other on her hip, her hands slowly made their way up to his face.