Part One: Chapter Eighteen

TW//: rape

She held her breath, creeping to the dirty window, glancing out. It wasn't anyone she recognized. They definetly weren't Saviors. She turned around, listening to their footsteps nearing as she struggled to figure out what to do. In a split second decision, she dashed behind the counter, curling herself up inside a small cubby under the counter right before two pairs of boots clomped inside. They sounded heavy, slowly making their way around.

"It's probably empty." One of them mumbled, setting his gun on the counter.

"Yeah, you never know. Found a pistol in a grocery store one time." The other said, his voice deeper. She could tell he was much older than the other man. She held both her hands over her mouth, not daring to breathe a breath as she heard slow boots making their way around the counter. "Anythin?" The younger man asked.

"Hell, no." The older man replied, rummaging the shelves behind the counter. "Dammnit." He said, leaning on the counter, his legs in front of (Y/N). She slightly shivered, her eyes wide, keeping them on his boots. He adjusted his stance, at which something heavy fell from his pocket and clattered on the ground, sounding almost like thick glass cracking.

His gun.

Her heart began pounding harder as he slowly bent down to pick it up. They made eye contact, and had that short, sweet moment of what the fuck?

Well, that moment didn't last long. His face twisted into a smile. He looked to be in his mid-fourties, he still had a chiseled jaw line under his stubbly black and white beard. His dark hair curled down and framed his face nicely. If it wasn't for what he did next, (Y/N) might of trusted him.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" He asked himself more than here. She kept her knees to her chest, glancing at the gun on the floor, which his fingers were curled around. It was probably useless to go for it, and even more useless when he quickly stuffed it into his pocket. She heard another pair of boots approach, then saw the younger man looking down at her. He blinked his green eyes, his jaw slackening.

"You okay there, miss?" He asked, reaching a hand to her. The older man slapped his hand away.

"Shut up, Tommy, let me handle this." He said to the younger man. They glared at each other for a minute, then Tommy stepped away, watching from a distance. (Y/N) kept glancing between the two of them, keeping her eyes on one of them at all times. She kept her eyes on the older man, deciding that Tommy wasn't much of a threat. His blonde hair and kind eyes told her that he was a good man. She wasn't so sure about this man, though.

"Come on out of there, sweet heart." He said, a slight gruff in his tone, his head cocking to the right as he reached out a calloused hand to her. She didn't take it, glaring at him, her eyebrows flat. "What's your name?" He asked.

"(Y/N)." She said quickly.

"I'm Jack, that's Tommy." He said, almost trying to sound polite, but it sounded forced, if anything. "Come on out, we won't hurt ya." He said, a sadistic smile on his face. She didn't budge or move an inch, but she let out a small sniffle. "You all alone out here?" He asked, looking her up and down. She didn't say anything, but she nodded. There was a tense moment of silence, a moment (Y/N) wished would last forver before his kindness melted away, replaced with callousness and bitterness as he reached under the cubby, grabbing her wrists and yanking her out.

"Get off me!" She yelled, bumping her head as he yanked her out.

"What are you doing, Jack?" Tommy yelled over (Y/N) yelling, as Jack held her wrists, pressing her against the bar counter, her back hitting the edge and she arched back to rear further away from him. Jack's body pressed against hers roughly, and she could feel every inch of his dirty body on hers.