Part One: Chapter Fifteen

She woke up the next day, the blankets pulled up to her neck. Negan was peacefully asleep next to her on his back, his head turned away from her. His hair was messy and the blanket was up to his mid-stomach. She watched him for a quiet minute, and she found herself smiling.

Stop, (Y/N), she told herself, leave him be and get up.

She sighed heavily, sitting up and tossing the blankets off her and over his face. He grunted, startling awake. She yawned, stretching her arms over her head before walking out of the bedroom and sitting down at the mini-bar. Negan appeared shortly after, a satisifed smile on his face. "What?" She asked, leaning over on the counter.

He didn't say anything, he just looked her up and down. "Ready to do the same shit as yesterday?" He asked her.

"Oh, hell no." She said, standing up, as if that made a statement. Her legs were sorer than she anticipated though, so she immideatly reached for his arm for support. "Jesus. We were always running. Why am I so sore?"

"I don't know. You've been here for how long? Few weeks or so? You ain't done much of anythin' here." He said, but he wasn't done. "I don't care. Get dressed and ready for today."

"No." She said, letting go of him, backing up.

"No?" He said, standing up.

"No." She said, a smile spreading across her face.

"Don't be defiant, (Y/N)." He said, a smile spreading across his face as well. She backed up behind the couch, Negan on the other side. It reminded her of when she first arrived and they did this. "Catch me, you're too slow, asshole." She said, stepping from one side to antoher, trying to juke him out. His smile spread further across his face, then, suddenly, he leapt clean over the couch. "That's not fair, you fucking cheater!" She yelled as he managed to get his arms around her.

"Who's slow now?" He asked her, his arms around her stomach as she squirmed. They bothed laughed as she managed to squirm her way out of his arms, clawing onto the couch and climbing over it, toppling onto the ground. Negan laughed from the other side as she snorted, which fell into laughter.

"Get...Get up, (Y/N)." He managed, walking around to her. She took his hand and he yanked her up. Their laughter fell into small chuckles, then just smiles. They both sat down on opposite ends of the couch. "Busy today?" She asked him after a little bit of silence. He sighed. "Yeah. I should go."

"Can I come with?"

"No."

"No?"

"No."

She stood up anyways, following him to the bedroom, where he went to change. She slid in the door before him, closing the door behind her, locking him out. "Are you serious?" He asked from outside the door. She didn't answer and he sighed. She rummmaged through the drawers, sliding on a clean shirt and sweatpants, then some boots. She opened the door, smiling at him and walking out. "I mean it, you aren't coming. We got some meetings and bullshit, nothing fun." He said, heading into the bedroom.

"Okay, well I'm not staying in here all fucking day."

"Then help out downstairs or some shit, I don't give a fuck. Just be back by 4 PM."

"Fine, I'll just go gossip about your bitchass with your other wives until then."

"The hell you will."

"Gonna stop me?"

As soon as she turned around, his hand was around her neck and he pushed her backwards, and kept pushing her until she thumped into a small table, making the lamp on top rattle and sway side to side. She swallowed hard, her hands on the edge of the table as she fought to stand tall and stiff, though he pushed himself onto her.