Part One: Chapter Thirty

(Y/N) eventually awoke a little while after Negan, who still laid with her, his mind a world away. He blinked heavily and took a deep breath as (Y/N) rubbed her eyes, yawning awake. "What time is it?" She asked, blinking her lashes heavily before she pulled away from him, sitting up and stretching her arms over her head.

Negan shrugged before standing up. "We should get going, get home before mid-day if we go right now." He said, opening the back door of the van without warning. The morning light flooded in, blinding (Y/N)'s half-asleep eyes temporarily. Her eyesight adjusted a few moments later after a lot of blinking and rubbing at her eyes. She groggily stood up and slipped her feet into her boots, not bothering to tie the laces, and let them clink behind her as she walked. She hopped down from the van as Negan announced to his men, whistlling loudly, "Alright men, pack it up! We'll get there before mid-day if we go right now."

The men all around immideatly began to pack up and load their things back into the trucks. (Y/N) leaned against the van, watching everyone around her walking quickly, like ants following orders. Or like rats when a pied piper played the flute. She scoffed at them. Sheep. Did everything and anything he said, no questions asked. She prayed to god she would never be like any of them.

Suddenly, someone grabbed her arm and yanked her around the van, a point where Negan couldn't see them. She began to let out a scream, but their hand covered her mouth as they pushed her against the van. The warm metal pressed against her bar legs as she clawed at their arm.

"Shut up, you dumbass!" A familiar voice said. She focused her eyes on the person, and relaxed when she realized who it was. He smiled and took his hands off her, and she immideatly straightened up and her heavy, angry eyebrows set back on. She bawled her fist and uppercutted Dwight in the stomach before he could say anything. He groaned and toppled over himself, his arms holding his stomach.

"What was that for?" He wheezed.

"Aren't you on our side?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Then why the fuck didn't you warn them about Negan? The deal with the garbage people? Mo- Michonne almost died. Carl almost died." She hissed in his ear, bending down with him as he groaned from the pain in his stomach. He slowly straightened up and she glared in his face, an inch from him. She was much shorter than him, though, and her eyes leveled with the tip of his nose, so it looked like a child glaring at their parent.

"Didn't know." He choked out before taking a deep breath, rubbing his stomach. " I didn't know, I promise you. I swear to god I would have told you."

She relaxed her shoulders, she didn't realize how tense they were until she relaxed them. "Okay." She finally said. "Okay. I believe you."

There was a moment of silence after Dwight blew out a relieved breath and closed his eyes. He frowned then opened his eyes, looking at her. "Wait, why the hell are you back here? I told you to stay with them and I'd send you infornmation."

She swallowed hard, tears springing to her eyes. She gave him a half smile, blinking her eyes as she tilted her head up to avoid the tears spilling over her eyes. She swallowed hard before locking her eyes back onto him. "You know why. You know what I have to do, and who I'm doing it for."

She wasn't sure if she was clear as of to who she was referring to, but judging from her expressions the night of the line-up, it was pretty obvious: Glenn.

Her best friend since the start. Ever since they found each other, they just clicked. Glenn had saved her so many times...but, she couldn't have saved him. So, she would do the best next thing. Avenge him. Maybe she would keep Negan alive and bring him to Maggie. But, she wanted the honors. More than anything.