Part One: Chapter Thirteen

She groaned when the pounding sensation flooded her head. She slowly sat up, leaning agianst the head board of the bed. She quickly realized that she was in fact naked, so she slid back under the blankets, clutching it to her curved chest. Negan was still asleep next to her. She looked at his peaceful face, the easy-going look on his eyes made her mad. She watched how his chest rose and fell, how his eyes darted under his eyelids, how his fingertips twitched.

Why the hell am I naked, again?

"Wake up, jackass." She groaned, punching his arm softly. He startled awake, looking around with raised eyebrows before smiling at her.

"Morning, darlin'." He said, yawning and stretching his arms in awkward positions. He reached over for her, putting an arm over her stomach. She swatted him away, her hands gripping the blanket.

"Why the hell am I naked? Did we..?" She asked. She thought she would feel different if they did, so she doubted it.

"No." He said quickly before pulling the blanket off him and getting out of bed. He was in boxers and the bulge was obvious. She cleared her throat, looking away from him as he pulled jeans over his legs. "Why'd you say it like that?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Like what?"

"All...stingy."

He shrugged, his back to her as he pulled a shirt on over his head. It was silent for a few minutes as he sat down on the edge of the bed, tugging on some worn boots over his feet. (Y/N) slowly sat against the headboard, clutching the blanket to her chest still. "So...why the hell am I naked, again?" She asked, putting a hand over her eyes. Her head still pounded.

"Oh, so you don't remember when you crawled into the living room, passed out, I brought you back into here, you woke up, yelled, 'It's too hot in this hellhole,' then ripped off all your clothes?" He turned to her, a grin on his face. She glared at him, her cheeks red with embarassment.

"How much did I drink?"

"You downed four bottles, or so I'm told."

"Fuck me." she murmured under her breath, sighing.

"With pleasure." He said, leaning over the bed and hovering over her lips. She tried to rear back, yet she was flat against the headboard. She turned her head to the left, advoiding his kiss. He planted a quick peck on her cheek, though he was aiming for her lips. He chuckled. "Go away." She grumbled angrily, putting a hand on his chest and pushing him away. He licked his lips before turning to the door.

"Get dressed, we're out of here in twenty." He said, turning the doorknob.

"Where to?" She asked, making him stop in his tracks. He considered her words for a moment, tilting his head. "Out." He said finally, then he walked out the bedroom, closing the door behind him. She bit her lip as she slowly got out of bed, pulling the blankets off her. She found her scattered clothes around, sliding them on.

~
"Going to tell me where we are going or..?" She asked as he opened the truck door for her. He didn't say anything as he crawled in after her, buckling Lucille in the middle seat. He was acting weird. (Y/N) vaguely remembered last night, but his words were on the tip of her tongue. She couldn't quite remember what he said, but she recalled the sentence 'I don't give a fuck about you.' Did he mean that? Could he mean that?

"Hey, did you mean what you said last night?" She asked quietly, looking out the window. She could feel him looking at her even though she kept her eyes on the men walking about outside. "I thought you would be too soaked to remember that." He answered, as if it was an excuse for what he said. He didn't add anything after that. No sorries.