Chapter 9. . . Will it actually work?

I was currently on Wattpad reading Bounded to be  when I heard someone knocking on the door. "Come in the door is unlocked" I shouted so the person on the other side could hear.

"Hey miss Jackson," 

"I wanted to have a word with you," she said with the most pleasant smile.

 "Sure what is it?". . . . 

"I told Renoir to come talk to you but I guess he got his stubbornness from is dad " she spoke with a small frown forming on her face.

Our family has a tradition where we get invited to the classiest Ball every year it's quite amazing actually, I would love to go again this year but I have some papers and contracts to sign on that day , and they are  really important to my company. However, I spoke to your mom and she said it was okay and it would actually let you focus on something other than school. 

I focus on a lot of things other than school . . .well looking at it now I actually don't.

"You and Renoir are good friends . . .so I guess going to the ball with him as his date won't be much of a problem right?" 

Renoir, -Me,- friends well that's crazy he's been avoiding me ever since the Accident why would I even go with him has his date to a ball like hell no . . .I won't go with that jerk anywhere .

But instead of saying no "Doesn't he have a girlfriend?" I questioned.

 "Did he tell you that?  " she asked clueless.

The fact that she is  hardly  around she hardly even knows what's taking place in her kitchen ,on her counter majority of the times or she would regret even cooking in the kitchen altogether. 

 "I think he had mention it one's or twice" I tried to say emotionless.

"I don't think its serious or he would have suggested is girlfriend instead of choosing you to be his date to the ball ". 

I probably look like a monkey with my mouth hanging open at this moment wait he choose me over Nia? That is so weird and stupid because now I will be going on a date with her boyfriend and the girl is a psycho path like literally.

 "oh !" 

"So I will let you know further information in the morning if you don't mind get some rest Hayden bye" 

"Yeah cool, bye Goodnight" 

"Good night"

I didn't even tell her that I didn't wanted to go maybe I was just distracted at the fact that he choose me over Nia? . . . as she  closed the door I started talking to my self like a mad person would . "A BALL" ,of course I needed that distraction matter of fact I deserve to have some fun.  of course, I want to go to the ball! just not with him. Why the hell would Renoir want me to be his date for the ball and not Nia?  this question repeated in my mind for the whole night.

^

^

It's around 11 pm and I wanted to talk to someone about it, I decided on calling Anna hoping she will not be busy with baby Isaac.

(Phone ringing. . . ) "Hey, are you busy"? I ask.

" Not too busy for you what's up?"

"Okay well, I got invited to a ball"- Before I could say anything else she started screaming till I had to shift the phone a bit from my ears so I could avoid being deaf for the rest of my life . . .

"That's amazing Wow . . .wait why aren't you happy," she said after realizing how low and sad my voice must have sound.

"Well one I am going with Renoir and the worst part is he lied to his mom saying we're friends and everyone except his mom and my mom knows, we can't stand each other, well more like he can't stand me ."

"Well ask him and see why he keeps pretending around his mom , I mean he must have a reason maybe he likes you who knows" we both started laughing .

"Yeah we both know that's definitely not it Anna," I said as I giggle even more.

"well It  must be a reason okay so just ask him" she repeated.

"He's gonna ignore the question like he always does" I wined while rolling my eyes at how much of a jerk he is .

"Well Make him answer you, Hayden. . . "

"How am I going to do that ?"

"Try seducing him"

"Do you think it will actually work though?"

 "I am so sorry but  I got to go, Isaac is crying now bye" 

"bye"

Seducing Renoir ??? Can that work?. .