prints

heads up that u wont be hearing from ms vada for a while teehee

- au

LUKE'S POV

ding dong!

ding dong!

ding dong!

"what the fuck?" i mumble to myself angrily, eyes closed as i am woken up by the sound of my doorbell being rung constantly.

ding dong!

i groan, having a hard time believing that someone has the audacity to do this.

ding dong!

i roll over, stretch out my arm and allow my hand to dangle over the side of my bed. i immediately felt something wet on my fingers.

"who is it, piggy?" i say, my eyes still closed, "who's waking me up so early in the morning?"

petunia continues licking my fingers, her gentle way of waking me up.

ding dong!

i sit up from bed slowly, then check the digital clock next to me for the time. it read 6:03am.

"you've gotta be kidding me." i mutter harshly.

it's saturday morning, and i've been woken up at 6am. does someone have a death wish today?

i get up, grab the hoodie from the foot of my bed, my face turning into a scowl as the doorbell rings again.

"i'm coming!" i say, not even trying to hide the annoyance in my tone as i put the hoodie on.

as i walk, i pass by my shelf of trophies and medals, my eyes landing on the all-too-familiar water jug vada gave me a few months back, and i immediately feel the familiar ache in my chest. seeing it always lets the pain resurface.

should i throw it out?

without thinking twice, i grab the water jug and place it at the farthest end of the shelf, where it can collect dust.

ding dong!

"fucking hell." i mutter under my breath, walking faster towards the door, eager to look at this person straight in the eyes and tell them that my whole weekend is ruined.

as i move closer to the door, i hear it.

footsteps running away.

i start moving faster, almost running towards the door, but of course, something gets in the way. i tripped over one of petunia's toys, and fall to the ground.

"nice," i mutter to myself, "love that for me."

i get up slowly, just wanting this morning to be over with.

i unlock my door, open it quickly, and as expected, there's no one there. i feel my blood boil as i take a step further outside, trying to look for the person capable of doing this, my eyes barely awake and my ankle and knee throbbing from my fall a few seconds ago.

after a few seconds of looking around and finding no trace of anyone being here, ready to convince myself that maybe i'd been pranked by the neighborhood kids, my eyes land on it.

it's funny that i missed it, really.

on my porch, right in front of me, sat a large brown box with nothing written on the outside.

it just sat there, as if teasing me that i hadn't seen it the moment i opened the door.

i raise an eyebrow as i kick it slightly. no sound came from it signaling that there may be an animal inside, but how can i be sure there's nothing explosive in there?

i squat down and continue surveying the exterior of the box, looking for something that can indicate that it's safe to bring inside my apartment.

i crane my neck around to look at every corner, my eyes landing on every inch of the box, until i saw them.

once i saw them, i stopped dead in my tracks. my heart sunk, and my hands grew cold. i gulped, and felt my breathing intensify.

i lowered my hand down to the edge of the box, placing my fingers over two small blots of black ink. two prints so small that someone can mistake them for dust.

but, not me. the second i laid eyes on them, i knew exactly what they were.

without a second thought, i hurriedly bring the box inside, and start dragging it all the way to my room, my mind still shook with the images of two small prints drawn on the edge of the top of the box.

i plop down on my bed and start playing with my lip ring, staring at the box in front of me as i do so.

they're the same prints that made me feel so much. the same prints i thought i'd never see again. but they're here, in front of me, on top of a big box i have yet to open and find out what's inside.

a small drawing of a single petal, and a sun.

pls note that chapters won't be too long as it'll just make the story drag but i hope u guys enjoy this regardless <333

- au