dirtbag

double update cos this book's SO FUN to write <3

21 DAYS BEFORE PROM

i'm in trouble.

i didn't sleep at all last night.

i kept thinking about luke and how this mission is falling into place. about how everything's happening exactly how maurine wants it to happen.

and, holy shit, the guilt's starting to eat me up.

i know i should feel happy and proud that things are falling into place, but i don't. i actually feel scared as fuck.

the fact that luke hemmings, the luke hemmings, the man known for being the number one casanova of the campus, the man who's known for dropping girls as soon as he picks them up, and the man who's known to be texting not less than five girls per day, is only talking to me is fucking insane. it scares me so much.

but, that's exactly the reason why i'm doing this, right? to stop him from being that way? to stop him from breaking any more hearts?

i need to give him a taste of his own medicine, right? the amount of times he's broken hearts of innocent girls are simply uncountable. i'm doing a good thing, aren't i?

there's a voice at the back of my head, though, screaming at me to not push through with this.

but i don't know why.

"earth to vada?" a hand waving in front of my face snaps me out of my trance, "are you with me?"

"sorry, maurine," i say, turning my attention back to her, "what were you saying?"

"i said," she says, sighing, "it's time for the weekly update about the mission!"

maurine and i are currently walking around campus, since it's our break time, and my eyes widen after hearing her say this.

"lower your damn voice, maurine," i hiss as i look around me, "you talk as though we're the only ones here."

"oops," she says sheepishly, "i'm just so excited. can i please have an update?"

i try my best to prevent a sigh from escaping my mouth. i don't really want to tell maurine about the moments i have with luke, since...i feel like they're mine, and mine alone to keep.

but i agreed to do this, so i have to.

"well, he wanted to prove to me yesterday that i was the only girl he's talking to," i start, "he gave me his passcode and everything."

"let me guess," maurine says, "his passcode's his birthday, isn't it? that conceited jerk."

"my passcode's my birthday, too, but i don't think that makes me conceited," i roll my eyes at maurine, "can i continue with the update now?"

"right," maurine giggles, "sorry, everything he does just annoys me so much."

"as i was saying, he wanted to prove to me that i'm the only girl he's talking to," i continue, "so he let me see for myself, and allowed me to scroll through his messages."