favorite song

18 DAYS BEFORE PROM

ever since i started living alone, my mom would call me constantly to make sure i don't have any boys coming over.

she just allows maurine to come over, and that's it.

ashton comes over occasionally, too. my mom knows ashton's my best friend, and i'm sure she'll have no problem with him coming over.

but i still hide it from her, cause i know darn well she's going to force me to marry ashton once she finds out.

that's it. maurine or ashton, or maurine and ashton. those are the only two people who step foot in this place aside from me.

but today, on a saturday afternoon, i guess a miracle's about to happen.

because luke's coming over.

i don't know how he got me to agree to him coming over, but all i know is that i didn't need much persuasion.

after the orange juice incident yesterday, and after he lent me his jacket, i've grown to feel a teeny tiny bit soft towards luke.

i started to find it hard to say no to him, i started replying faster to his texts, and with interest, too. i also found it quite bothersome when he would reply later than he usually does.

i'm fucked. i know it.

my phone vibrates, and i immediately jolt up from my lying down position.

i turn my phone on, feeling my heart race as i read luke's text.

fr: luke
i'm here sunny

"oh, fuck," i mumble to myself as i begin to leave my room, "he's here. oh, fuck."

"fuck, fuck, fuck." i continue whispering to myself as i run down the stairs.

i reach the front door and inhale, trying to compose myself.

"it's just luke." i remind myself, really not knowing why my mind and heart's making such a big deal about this.

i grab the doorknob and twist it, and once i pull the door open, i'm greeted by a smiling luke hemmings.

"hey, pretty lady." he beams at me. aside from himself, he's carrying two paper bags and his phone.

"what do you have there?" i ask, gesturing for him to come inside.

he takes a step inside, and as i close the door, reality hits.

luke hemmings is here. inside my house. i still don't know why i agreed to this, but i can't find a reason not to agree at the same time.

there isn't anything in the rules that says i can't have luke come over...right?

"i brought food for us," luke answers, "chicken nuggets, some burgers and ice cream. and a few more things." he says, winking.

"oh, let me go put the ice cream in the freezer," i say, taking one of the paper bags from him, "you can go upstairs if you want. my room's the one with the door left open."