valentine

35 DAYS BEFORE PROM

all my life, i only ever had 1 valentine.

calum hood.

i remember the way i felt inside while making this heart shaped letter for him, both nervous but still giddy at the same time.

it was freshman year of high school, and i had been crushing on calum for the longest time.

i, however, backed out last minute and never gave him the valentine.

my feelings for him are long gone, but the heart shaped letter is still in my bottom most drawer, hidden underneath a pile of other random pieces of paper.

"c'mon," i grumble to myself, "think sweet, vada."

it's currently 2am, and in about five hours, i need to give luke hemmings a valentine.

"this is so stupid." i exhale once more as i clutch my pen, staring at the blank piece of red colored paper.

i can't use sweet words because it would obviously make it seem like i have the slightest bit of interest in him.

but i also need to still give him a valentine, just to make him remember me. but i have to stand out.

then something in my mind clicked. and before i know it, i'm making a valentine for luke hemmings.

"holy crap." i mumble to myself.

"told ya." ashton says, chuckling.

we're currently standing in front of luke's locker, and i fucking swear it can bust open at any moment.

from the small open lines on the door of the locker, i can already see various love letters, cards, and stickers inside.

and on the outside of his locker, there are balloons and a lot of candy taped to it.

all i can think of is, how the hell is he going to open his locker?

"i don't wanna do this anymore." i say, making a move to walk away.

"whyyy?" ashton whines, grabbing my arm, preventing me from making another move.

"because, it's completely useless," i answer, "he probably never looks at these things. i mean, look, ash, there's enough paper in his locker to make a whole new book or something."

"and what if he does look at them?" ashton reasons, "just do it, vada. it wouldn't hurt to try."

"fine." i grumble, rolling my eyes.

i take the small, folded, red piece of paper out of my back pocket.

"here goes my dignity." i sigh, then begin to place it inside through one of the open gaps.

"not so fast, superstar." a hand holds onto my forearm, leaving me frozen in my spot.

out of all the times he could've needed to go to his locker.