fangirls

28 DAYS UNTIL PROM

"are you staying to watch us train later?" ashton asks, walking towards me.

"yup." i answer simply as i continue stuffing things inside my locker.

"that was quick," ashton says, smirking, "not feeling forced anymore, are you?"

woah. i had just realized that i really did answer his question so quickly.

"i, uhm," i say as i close my locker door, "i guess i'm used to it? i don't know. i watched yesterday and the day before yesterday, it feels like it's part of my daily routine."

i watch as ashton's small smirk turns into a grin as he leans against the locker next to me.

"what, irwin?" i roll my eyes at him.

"looks like somebody's starting to like watching luke train." he says simply.

"shut up," i groan, "let's go already."

ashton and i proceed to walk down the hallway, and he still has a playful smile on his face.

"admit it," he says, "you actually like watching us train. you don't feel forced anymore."

ugh.

"fine, i do, okay?" i exhale, "can we stop talking about it now?"

"i knew it!" ashton giggles, "what made you change your mind about them? you used to absolutely hate watching us train. you'd hate the smell of the gym, and you'd always complain that all you do is sweat and listen to luke's fangirls scream."

"i don't know," i say, shifting my backpack on my shoulder, "guess i just got used to it."

"liar," ashton mumbles, "there's something else pushing you to watch him train. you're gonna tell me sooner or later, i know it."

the bell rings, and i don't get to say another defensive comeback.

"just drop the topic." i shake my head sideways as we start to brisk-walk towards homeroom.

-

during homeroom, i space out completely.

i started to think about ashton's question earlier. what did make me change my mind about watching luke train?

i rest my face on my palm as i start to think, completely using mrs. richardson's voice as background noise.

the mission: break the heartbreaker has been going on for over a week now, and to be honest, i don't know if i've made a lot of progress yet. all i do is watch luke train and try my best to keep him at a safe distance, still.

in a span of one week, i think i've become a part of luke's daily routine, too, if i'm being honest.

he texts me every morning and night. he's also been picking me up from my apartment going to school and takes me home afterwards.

and, i hate to admit it, but i'm actually feeling less annoyed by his presence? i mean, i'm still annoyed, but he doesn't bother me as much as he used to.