lipstick stains

40 DAYS BEFORE PROM

"what to wear?" i ask myself as i scan the inside of my closet. today will mark the first day of mission break the heartbreaker.

it feels so weird to say that in my head cause i actually agreed to do this, but there's no turning back now.

i settle on wearing the first pieces of clothing i lay my hands on, deciding that i'm too lazy to put together a good outfit.

i begin to prepare my breakfast, a bowl of honey cheerios, when my phone vibrates, signaling that i received a text.

fr: unknown

the weekend has passed n still no text from u? ow :(

i scoff at this. it's obviously from luke. just as i began to type my reply, telling him to fuck off, i remembered that i had agreed to do this. i have to play nice.

i exhale as i type in my reply, feeling absolutely disgusted at myself.

to: luke

haha sorry! just wanted to try & play hard to get ;)

i instantly cringe after sending my reply. i don't know who i am anymore.

i had just took in my first spoonful of cereal when i read his reply.

fr: luke

i knew you couldn't resist me 😏 see you at math? ;)

i gag at the cereal i was chewing, needing to gulp down a glass of water afterwards.

god, this guy sickens me.

to: luke

see ya 😇

holy fuck. if he replies one more time i'm going to lose it.

algebra is the only period we have together, so i need to get to work during that hour. i don't even know what my plan is or how i'm going to try and be different from the other girls.

i finish my bowl of cereal and wash the used bowl quickly, when it dawned on me that i was running late.

i grab my bag, head out of the front door and lock it and basically sprint towards my car and begin to drive going to school.

(lunch)

maurine walks towards our table, holding her food tray as she shoots me an excited grin.

"how's it going?" she asks as she sits down.

"fine," i answer plainly, "the sandwich tastes a bit funny today."

"i meant," she says, leaning closer towards me then whispers, "the mission."

"ohhh, that," i say as i nod, "meh, nothing's happened yet. just a few texts. i don't even know what i'm going to do later at math."

"what texts?" she says excitedly, "can i see?"

i unlock my phone and open the messaging app, then showed her the short exchange of texts luke and i had earlier this morning.

"oh, that asshole," maurine frowns, "it's so easy for him to jump from girl to girl just cause he knows he can."

"that's true." i nod in approval before taking a sip from my banana milk.

"i really do hope this plan of ours will work, v," she says as she slumps down on her seat, "i really hope he'll feel the pain he deserves."

"i don't know what to do, though." i admit. it's true, i have planned 0 things and thought 0 thoughts as to how i'm going to make this plan successful.

"i told you, vada, just be different from the rest of the girls and you're good to go." maurine replies.

"okay, but how, maurine? the only difference i have from them is that i hate luke hemmings and they obviously don't." i tell her.

"exactly!" maurine exclaims,"you won't be that easy for luke to catch since you won't throw yourself at him. luke likes a challenge and if you show that you are a challenge, he'll dig you."

"i can't believe you just said "he'll dig you."" i laugh.

"honestly!" maurine smiles, "you totally got this, vada."

"alrighty." was all i answered.

(last period)

i start to walk towards math class with luke walking in front of me. he doesn't know i'm right behind him and i want to keep it that way.

he's wearing a fucking leather jacket. who does he think he is?

he walks too slow because he's texting while walking, so i brisk-walk and begin to overtake him, hoping he won't look up from his phone and notice.

"where do you think you're going, sweetcheeks?" i hear his thick australian accent from behind me. holy crap, turns out i'm not invisible.

i turn around and face him. he toys with his lip ring as he places his phone in his back pocket.

"uh, to math class." i answer simply.

"without me?" he frowns, trying to look like a lost puppy. he just looks dumb to me.

"well, it's cause you were walking too slow," i say, not being able to control my mouth, "walking while texting's not a really good choice."

he smirks at me.

"you really like looking at my phone, don't you?" he says with a sly smile.

"what? no," i answer, "what else could you have been doing on your phone? playing candy crush?"

"as a matter of fact, i'm on level 76 on candy crush," luke says, "admit it, you always wanna look at my phone to see who i'm texting cause you're jealous."

who the fuck does he think he is? niall horan?

"oh, yeah?" i raise an eyebrow at him, "jealous of what, exactly?"

"like i said before," he says as he walks towards me slowly, causing me to back up, "you're jealous of the girls i've done things with cause you wanna experience it, too."

holy fuck. this guy needs to get his head out of his ass.

i hadn't even noticed that we backed up that far when i felt my back touch the lockers.

"what? why can't you answer me?" he says as he places one of his hands on the locker next to my head, "cat got your tongue?"

i wanna punch him.

i was about to give him a piece of my mind when this dude with colored hair interrupted me.

"dude, you would not believe who i just made out with at the janitors closet!" he says excitedly.

"i don't care, michael, i've done that more times than i can count," he says, "can't you see that i'm in the middle of something here?"

"go on, michael, tell him about your makeout session in the janitors closet and i'll go ahead to class because i'm late as heck." i say, then immediately walk away from the two boys.

i enter the classroom and mr. bryan shoots me a frown. i'm two minutes late.

i tell him that i'm sorry and proceed to sit on my seat.

about 10 minutes passed and luke still hasn't gone inside. then 20. then thirty.

he shows up during the last five minutes of class, ignoring mr. bryan's protest to let him in.

he makes eye contact with me as he walks towards his seat.

i immediately notice faded lipstick stains on his cheeks and neck. that was quick.

he takes his seat across from me, turns around, and winks at me.

what the hell did i get myself into?

-

whhwwh rED LIPSTICK iN My valentino WHITE BAG ????

- au