twenty questions

16 DAYS BEFORE PROM

i didn't do it. i didn't keep maurine's tip in mind for phase 2.

i didn't keep my fucking guard up.

i'm just as vulnerable as luke now, because i didn't keep maurine's tip in mind.

now, it's still the same day, except it's already a bit late in the afternoon.

luke and i have started asking each other personal questions since around 3pm, and now the time is nearing to 6pm.

we're both leaning against the headboard of his bed, where both of us have a view of his large window.

the sun has started to set, making luke's room have a warm glow, as streaks of yellow and orange light coming from the sun enter the room. it's still raining, but not as hard as before, so soft sounds of the rain hitting his roof and window can be heard.

luke looks like he's glowing because of the light radiating on us. his blue eyes together with the orange sunset make his eyes glisten. it is indeed a very pretty sight to be sitting next to.

i feel like we're in a fucking movie.

"oh, i got a good one," luke says, making me turn my head towards him, "did you ever have feelings for ashton?"

"what?" i say, laughing, "hell no. never. ashton's like a brother to me."

"really, how come?" luke asks with a look of disbelief on his face, "ashton's good looking, athletic and smart. why not?"

"sounds like you're the one with feelings for him," i giggle, "i've known ashton ever since we were babies. i can't imagine liking him, ever."

"ah, i get it." luke nods.

"what's your favorite song?" i ask luke.

"the sound of your laugh," he grins, "does that count?"

"shut up." i say, rolling my eyes playfully.

"is mau okay with this, by the way?" he asks, "i mean, we used to have a thing. i don't know if she's still mad at me or something."

oh, she's mad at you, alright. very.

"maurine? mad at you?" i scoff, "she got over you the second you two broke things off. no need to worry about her."

lies. everything i tell luke are lies.

"alright, that's cool," luke nods, "since you two are best friends, i thought she'd have a problem with the both of us hanging out all the time."

she's the reason why we're hanging out. she knows every detail of all our moments together, even.

"oh, she's chill," i answer simply, "she's moved on already. this doesn't bother her in any way."

the room falls silent, both of us just staring out the window as we both think of new questions to ask each other.

"hey, i was just thinking," he says, "we have this annual bonfire thing we like to do. same crowd as the people in calum's party."