matthew cooper

3 DAYS BEFORE PROM

as far as i know, the most iconic promposal that happened at our campus took place four years ago.

it was this senior named matthew cooper, who promposed to his long term girlfriend, ashley jameson.

it wasn't the usual puns about prom written on illustration boards, nor was it related to asking her through decorations on food, like on a box of pizza or doughnuts.

this promposal was the promposal.

he's the principal's son, so it wasn't surprising when he got the whole faculty and student body to join in on his promposal.

the second ashley entered the school, he had different students and faculty members give her all these different letters, candy, balloons, and different small trinkets.

that went on for the whole day, and once the day was over, ashley had a hard time carrying everything she received.

at the end of the day, once everyone was outside in the courtyard, there sat a giant box shaped like a present.

and, of course, matthew was inside, holding more balloons, letters, candy, and trinkets.

come to think of it, the promposal itself wasn't really that extravagant, i mean, he just hid in a box.

but it was all the effort he placed to ask everyone to join in on his plan, as well as make sure that everyone had something to hand over to ashley.

if i were ashley, i'd definitely feel like the most special girl ever, since more than a hundred people were associated for my promposal.

the reason why i'm talking about this, is because with three days left until prom, the campus is absolutely buzzing with different promposals on every corner.

people have waited until the last minute to prompose, so most of them are really just meh. just your average promposals.

and now, since everyone's rushing to secure a prom date, it definitely was not a good idea for some guy to pull a "matthew cooper."

i don't know who the guy is, but he somehow also got the whole faculty and student body to participate in his promposal.

numerous people are complaining, since some of their plans got ruined because of the sudden event, but since the order came from principal cooper, there's really not much to do except to follow it.

it's going to take place at our auditorium, which is why we're all making our way there.

"i wonder who the guy is," i tell maurine as we walk, "and why does it have to be in the auditorium, right? that place is huge."

"no one knows who the guy is, yet, v," maurine says, "it's crazy that principal cooper just announced it, and now, here we are, participating at a promposal of someone we don't even know."

"so many guys are bummed out," i giggle, "this better be successful, or else this guy just wasted everybody's time."

"fact," she nods, "he disturbed everyone's afternoon for this. i was this close to falling asleep during history when i heard the announcement."