training

38 DAYS BEFORE PROM

"wait, so does that mean that we're not going to prom together?" ashton frowns as he leans on the locker next to mine.

"i told you, i have to go with luke. it's part of the plan, ash." i say in a low voice so no one would hear.

"but we've been talking about this for months, v," he frowns, "you'll wear a gold dress, and i'll wear a gold necktie, remember?"

"i'm sorry, ash," i answer, sighing, "but you need to understand that prom night is the most important event of this mission."

"alright," ashton sighs, "you better make this plan of yours a success. i was looking forward to going to prom with you." he frowns.

"sorry," i answer, bringing a hand up to ruffle his hair, "i'll make it up to you, i promise."

"you better." ashton answers, smiling.

we make a turn to start walking down the hallway, and suddenly, everything turns slow.

luke hemmings struts down the hallway as if he owns the place. and honestly, i don't know how, but things were really going in slow motion and he was fucking shining.

he walks as he bites his lip ring, then runs a hand through his hair. the people make space for him to walk on as if he was an actor or something. the girls stare at him in awe.

"why does it seem like everything's in slow motion." ashton whispers.

"i don't fucking know." i answer, still feeling bewildered at what i'm witnessing.

luke keeps walking, and we make eye contact. he immediately smiles and goes towards my direction.

oh hell no.

"morning, sunny." he says as he arrives in front of me.

"why did it seem like you were walking in slow motion? did you cast a spell on the school or something?" i say, still completely in awe of the whole slow motion act.

"baby, i was walking on my normal pace," he chuckles, "it's all of you that imagines i'm walking like that."

just as i was about to reply, ashton butts in.

"ehem."

luke looks at him and seems surprised. he only just noticed that ashton was here.

"ashton, my man!" he says, and they do this weird handshake i couldn't keep up with.

"do we have training later?" ashton asks luke after they finished their handshake ritual. i almost forgot that luke's the captain of the team.

"not sure yet, but i'm going to coach later at lunch to ask him," he says, "then i'll shoot you guys a text. be ready still."

"yes, sir." ashton says and pretends to salute luke.

"why don't you come and watch us, vada?" luke asks me as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"trust me, i've done that before and it's hot as fuck in that gym." i say, remembering the time i waited for ashton.

"it's only hot cause i'm there." luke winks at me.

it takes all the self control i have in my body to stop myself from gagging in front of him.

"i doubt that. plus, it reeks in there. literally like dirty gym socks and sweaty clothes." i point out.

"babe, it's a gym. you can't expect a gymnasium to smell like flowers and candy." he chuckles.

"ashton doesn't want me to watch, he says the gym's just gonna be filled with girls screaming for you," i nudge ashton, "right, ash?"