careless whisper

"go, luke!" the girls at the other side of the gym squeal. fucking deafening.

i roll my eyes in disgust for the nth time since i got here, hoping no one saw me.

"waste of time." i mutter to myself as i take a glance at the time on my phone. i've only been here for an hour, but it already feels like i've been here for a day.

i trail my eyes down on the court, sighing to myself as i do so. they were doing drills awhile ago, and now they're having a game proper.

i plop my chin on my palm as i watch intently, still not being able to understand the mechanics and rules of this game.

what even is a foul?

they've been playing for a little over five minutes, with their coach screaming all over the place.

so far, luke has scored an impressive number of three 3-pointers and 5 two-pointers.

all in five minutes, even. i guess he really does deserve to be the captain of the team.

while he plays, he keeps looking at my direction. and every time he does, he makes sure to send me a wink.

this immediately causes his fangirls to send glares at me.

what the hell? i don't even want to be here in the first place.

"alright, boys, take five." their coach says after he blows his whistle.

some players take a seat on the nearby bench as they wipe off their sweat, some drink water, but luke, however, comes jogging towards my seat.

"you like what you see?" he asks me, a smug look on his face as he runs a hair through his semi-wet hair.

i nearly choke on air as he says this. i swear, it's taking all the willpower i have to not kick this guy where he breathes.

"i've seen better." i answer simply, looking everywhere but at him.

"oh, yeah?" he chuckles, "do they play as good as i do?"

he got me there.

i turn my head away from him, looking for something else to talk about, my eyes finally landing on a water dispenser.

"go drink some water, luke, you'll get dehydrated," i tell him, changing the topic, "you're not making use of this water break well."

he sends me a cheeky smile upon hearing my words, and he moves closer towards me.

"turns out you really do care for me." he teases as he pokes the tip of my nose.

"well, its true," i roll my eyes, "it's too hot in this place and plus, you're sweating so much, meaning a lot of water's leaving your body. you need to replenish."

mhm, okay, shut up, vada.

"alright, info overload," he jokes, "okay, madame, i'll go ahead and drink my water." he says as he begins to walk backwards.

"not too much though, just a little sip enough to make your throat wet," i tell him, "your appendix might start to hurt if it's filled with water and you keep running."

"yes, ma'am." he says, winks, then walks away.

okay, i sounded like a mom back there.

i look around the gym and immediately see his stupid fangirls glaring at me.

sorry, ladies, but i gotta get this dude to fall in love with me.

i try my hardest not to fall asleep while waiting for the training to finish. my eyes close slightly once in awhile but i go back to focus when their coach starts to shout.