0.3

FAST FORWARD TO NOW

"So, what are you going to do, how have things been between you and him?" Harry was careful not to mention his name.

"What is there to do, he keeps calling me, but there is nothing I have to say to him." Her words are laced with venom.

"We have to film a video in a few days, you need to talk to him, the fans will eventually find out, and it won't be good for either of you," Harry warns.

"I know," She sighed, she needed to talk to him otherwise the distance would be so far that they wouldn't be able to even look at each other, she missed him, "I'll have to talk to Josh about this week's video,"

FLASHBACK

Things had cooled between her and the boys, she had moved back in and had set up a few dates between Talia and Simon and things had gone well between the two of them. And Hadiyeh was happy for them.

Time had passed, she was now on better terms with most of the boys besides JJ maybe this was just the way that he was, he just preferred not to have women in the house.

The boys had planned to go out, Hadiyeh had decided not to go having to do the editing for this week's video and to do the editing for her own video, they really needed to find an editor, because anyone who had to do the editing was done for, having to do a week's worth of editing.

"It doesn't matter, just come out tonight with us and then you can do the editing later," Ethan chuckled already a tad bit drunk, he had started drinking before they even went out.

"No, it's fine guys, go out and bring back a burger or some shit for me, please," She smiled at them warmly.

"Sure," Tobi smiled at them.

"Come on then!" JJ grunted from the door.

"Guys, I don't feel well, I think I might just stay home," Josh said his pale face peeking out of one of the rooms.

"Alright whatever," JJ huffs. He walks out followed by the rest of the boys.

Hadiyeh hears a whisper of comfort exchange between Vik and Josh before they leave.

A few minutes after they left, Hadiyeh hears the bathroom door shut, maybe Josh had a stomach bug or something and went to have a shower.

A few minutes pass and Hadiyeh hears a crash from inside the bathroom, the noise makes her jump, she rolls eyes, what is wrong with him?

Another loud crash comes from the bathroom.

"Josh?! Are you alright?" Hadiyeh asks, now genuinely worried, she makes her way towards the bathroom door, knocking loudly. She receives no reply. Bracing herself, she walks into the bathroom, scared that something might have happened to him.

When she walks the shower curtain is fully drawn.

"Josh?" She whispers, terrified.

A quiet whimper comes from inside the bathtub, she slowly picks up the towel that was resting on the towel wrack and covers her eyes, she draws the curtain open slightly holding out a towel for Josh. He takes it and Hadiyeh steps back covering her eyes, letting him put on some underwear.

"It's fine, you can look now, I'm dressed," Josh grunts.

She slowly uncovers her eyes and turns towards him and sees Josh holding his towel against his wrist, and it's drenched with blood.

"What happened?" She panics, immediately grabbing his palm and removing the towel from his wrist.

"Nothing?" He states untruthfully, not aware that Hadiyeh can see right through his lie.

"Sit down," She demands and turns to the first aid kit that they keep in the bathroom and began to bandage up his hand.

It's silent beside the faint whimpers coming from Josh and the sound of the plastic packaging of the bandage.

She cleans him up and they move to sit in the living room, Hadiyeh shuts her laptop and goes into the kitchen to find something sweet for Josh to eat, he lost some blood so his sugar levels must have dropped, she comes back holding a box of Turkish delights and hands it to him.

"Eat, you've lost some blood," She states, "What happened?"

"Nothing the soap thing fell and smashed, it cut my had," Josh sighs, not wanting to tell the truth.

"The 'soap thing' seemed fine to me," She retorts, "Tell me,"

"I was having a panic attack," He yells at her storming to his room, the pack of Turkish delights falling onto the carpet covering the floor powdered sugar. Hadiyeh runs after him wanting to apologise, but he had slammed the door and had locked it.

"Josh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to prey, Josh?"

"Oh, fuck off will you," He laughs sarcastically, making Hadiyeh feel worse than what she already was feeling.

She sighs but makes no comment he needed time to cool down, she wanders away from the door and back to the living room and drags out the vacuum from where it was under the stairs and begins to vacuum up the sugar on the carpet.

Within a few minutes the floor was clean, and Josh had calmed down, she poured herself and Josh a cup of tea and went to his room, she knocked on the door and waited for him to open the door.

When he finally did so, he had teary red puffy eyes, she felt her heart sink at the sight, she felt horrible, she shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place.

"Cuppa?" She gave him a lopsided smile, which he mimicked and let her into the room. She sat down on the bed and began drinking her tea he sat on the gaming chair near the desk and began drinking his cup of tea, they made no conversation the silence between them being deafeningly awkward.

"Panic attacks happen to me often, a few years ago I got diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression," he says.

"Oh," She comments, completely speechless, she knew that some of the boys had some issues, JJ has anger issues which is evident, Harry is on the ADHD spectrum, (etc) she studied psychology in secondary school and got an A* in her psychology A levels, she had also continued studying some of her subjects knowing that if YouTube fails to provide for her she will still have education to rely on, currently doing online University in psychology and criminology.

"Do you see someone for it?" Hadiyeh asks softly, she knew a couple of people who would be able to help him.

"I see a doctor often and I take anti-depression medication," he speaks not making eye contact with her, ashamed to admit that he was a broken man.

"Do any of the boys know?" She asks quietly, understanding that this is a hard topic for him to talk about.

"No," he sniffles, "and you can't tell them,"

"I won't," she promises and hands him a tissue from the bedside table.

FAST-FORWARD TO NOW

"I'll see you tomorrow, innit," He grins, giving her a side-hug before leaving.

"Yeah, at the park, text me when you get home, drive safe," She warns him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written: 19/07/2021

Published: 03/08/2021