0.9

Flashback to the Joe Weller fight

The crowd was cheering, and JJ's heart was racing. He was ready. He made eye contact with Hadiyeh and something about her coffee coloured eyes calmed the ocean of anxiety in his. He took a deep breath just like he had been taught to and shook off the uneasy weight on his back. He was going to beat the shit out of this idiot and he was going to do it well.

"Eyes in the prize baby, eyes on the prize," he reminded himself.

The ropes were held open for him as he stepped in.

~~~

He had won. As easy as that, he had knocked out Joe Weller. Maybe not fully but it was clear to everyone in that arena that he had won by far.

Everyone then heads out to party JJ's success and as she is sat there at the bar sipping in her water, Ethan comes up to her sitting on the stool next to her.

"So you don't drink anymore?"

"Nah," she shakes her head, "not my thing anymore,"

"I'm going to run a marathon," he declares to only the two of them.

"Cool," she nods, her attention elsewhere, her eyes were focused on the dark-skinned man in the middle of the dancefloor who was wasted not caring about what happens around him.

"So I was thinking if you'd want to join me," he asks her his eyes

"Sure sounds fun," Hadiyeh nods along absentmindedly.

"I'm going to the gym tomorrow, want to join?"

"Sure," she nods, her eyes making contact with JJ from across the room the blond girl next to him places her hand across his neck pulling him closer, the blond follows JJ's eye line and meets Hadiyeh's gaze, holding eye contact with Hadiyeh she attaches her lips to JJ's neck.

"I'm feeling a bit jet-lagged, im going home, do you want a ride?" She offers Ethan who declines having made eye contact with a pretty girl from the other side of the club.

"Nah it's fine, I'm gonna catch a cab," he excuses himself.

Hadiyeh sighs and makes her way out of the club and into one of the taxis that had been waiting for them outside of the club, but before she could go Tobi jumped into the cab.

"Mind giving us a ride?" He asks her, she shrugs without a reply and gives the driver their address.

"Tired?" She asks Tobi wanting to hold some type of conversation.

"Yeah, long day, innit? Too much press and that," He yawns. 

"How were things while I was gone?" 

"Busy, everyone was hyped about the fight and we were all busy doing our content and stuff," 

"Cool," She shrugs not having much to say.

"The boys were bare missing you though," 

"As if, knowing them a lot, they wouldn't have even realised I was gone," 

"That's a lie," He laughs, "Boggo would whine about the fact that there wasn't anyone to talk to him, Behz would complain about his lack of sleep cuz there wasn't anyone playing music and oh my days JJ would cry about you not being there," 

She laughs at his statement because knowing the boys that is what they would probably do.

Flashforward to Hadiyeh apartment

JJ was lying down on Hadiyeh's bed as she was cuddling into his side watching some type of funny video on Youtube. 

"How are you feeling about the fight?" She asked him, drawing out shapes of his chest. 

"I've already beat him once, I can do it again," 

"It was a draw last time," She reminds him.

"You and I both know we beat him," His booming laughter fills her otherwise silent apartment. 

"Whatever you say babes," She smiles, she wasn't a fan of pet names, but they occasionally slipped out.

"Oh you bitch," He chuckles.

"The beards growing," She notes, making him smile.

"After seeing the beards that your family have, man had to up his game,"

It was true, all the males in her family over the age of 15 were supporting full facial hair, which made JJ look like an amateur when they first went to meet her family. 

He knew from the day that he had met her family that he wasn't going to be able to spend his life with anyone else besides her. 

Flashback to after the fight with Joe Weller

It was late in the afternoon when Hadiyeh decided to leave her room. She had gotten up early in the morning, done some editing for a new video coming out about her little trip to the Arabian nations and then felt tired again so she fell back asleep.

The next time she was awoken was with JJ banging on her door, asking if she had any painkillers.

"Ezra!" He croaked, his voice cracking, "you got any of dem headache pills?!"

"Fuck off!" She replied back but eventually dragged herself out of bed and handed him her packet of painkillers from her bedside table.

"Here," she handed them to him and before he could reply she had slammed the door in his face and had made her way towards the bathroom. Her room was ensuite.

When she stepped out she went into her suitcase and pulled out an oversized jumper and joggers, it was February and cold. Give her a break.

Just as she stepped out of the door she heard the doorbell ring and made her way towards the front door.

"Hey!" Hadiyeh grinned giving Vidal a side hug.

"Hi, Hads," he smiles.

"Who is it?!" Josh calls.

"It's Viddal!" She calls in reply.

"Excuse them, they're still a bit hungover,"

"Nah, man I get it, it was a lit night," he chuckles as Hadiyeh leads him into the living room.

"I was wondering if you would call for the boys, I have news to tell them,"

Written: 24/07/2021

Published: 10/08/2021