2.0

Hadiyeh and JJ bid goodbye to the boys and they get into the car.

Their trip was only going to be 5 days long. They would arrive on Friday and Hamza's surgery was on Sunday so they would see him on Saturday and then afterwards they would be able to see him and hopefully come back. Or that's what she thought anyway. JJ on the other hand had other plans. He was going to ask for her families blessing and hopefully propose to her. 

Their drive to the airport is relatively quiet, both of them being exhausted, they had filmed 5 videos during the past few days and had only managed a few hours of sleep every night. They were both truly drained out of energy.

They arrive at the airport, they thank the driver, Hadiyeh having already paid. They both exit the car and unload their luggage from the trunk of the Uber. They stroll into Heathrow airport a bit more awake than they had originally been, the sharp airport lights waking them up. They hand on their luggage and get their tickets, Hadiyeh making sure that JJ's visa is valid. JJ himself was busy trying to keep his eyes open.

"Yes, ma'am your visa is valid and is usable in all of the Arabian nations," 

"Cool, thank you," Hadiyeh thanks the woman putting her passport into her little Louis Vitton backpack.

"Thank you," JJ mutters following Hadiyeh.

The two of them wait at the gate, Hadiyeh chuckles looking at JJ who was sat next to her and had fallen asleep, she sits on her phone as he snores quietly. They had opted not to come with their bodyguards seeing as the airport seemed relatively safe.

As JJ slept and Hadiyeh messaged her sister that she was about to board the lane JJ a fan was filming them, Hadiyeh had seen him from the corner of her eye and she had smiled at the fan giving them a wave, "Hey, do you want a picture?" She asked politely as the younger guy nodded.

"JJ get up," Hadiyeh elbowed him in his ribs causing him to yelp.

"What fam? I was asleep!" 

"I know, get up," She replies smiling politely at the guy who was making his way towards the two.

"I'm such a big fan, I'm so happy to meet you guys!" The guy ushers.

"And we're so happy to meet you, here, let me take a picture," Hadiyeh gets handed the boys phone and reaches out to take a selfie.

JJ rubs his eyes and puts a smile on his face, after all, he wouldn't be where he is today without his fans, he poses for the camera as Hadiyeh snaps the selfies.

The boy politely excuses himself and goes back to where his parents were sat. 

"So how was your nap?" 

"Refreshing," He grins clearly more awake and conscious of his surroundings.

Everyone then begins to board their flights. Hadiyeh and JJ are the first to be let through due to them having tickets in business class. 

The flight is relatively quiet, both of them taking this opportunity to sleep because she knew for a damn fact that they would be up until late.

~~~

Once inside security at the Dubai International Airport, they watched the excited people getting ready to either get their luggage or walk around the massive airport to find their gate. There is a continuous hum of happy chatter, luggage wheels softly rolling across the floor, and cell phones ringing. It's late in the afternoon, which is a prime time to get through airport security. The lines are short and the Emirate agents are proudly dressed wearing their newly dry cleaned cobalt red and white uniforms. 

Each uniform displays a shining gold badge that catches the light and the black cords from the walkie talkies hang close by. There aren't many people and the agents are standing tall and are eager and delighted to help the next traveller safely pass through security. A mother and her child are happily taking their items from the black conveyor belt as an important-looking businessman casually waits behind them.

Hadiyeh smiles to herself seeing this reminds her of her own childhood, no matter how busy her parents were they always found time to prioritise time with their children, they always had a helping hand a nanny or a maid was always watching over these children, but nothing could sum up the love of a parent towards its child.

JJ turned to Hadiyeh also smiling. He grew up in a not a so rich household, his family always struggled, his parents always wanted JJ and Deji to have the best education even if that meant driving a car that would always be broken or the only furniture that they could afford would be second-hand. So he couldn't relate to Hadiyeh's memories of having a lavish childhood, but none the less it warmed his heart seeing her smile especially with the chaoticness in both of their lives right now.

"Do you ever want kids?" He asks as they wheel their luggage towards the doors passing the gate.

"Yeah, eventually," She nods, "You?"

"Only when you're ready," He chuckles.

"Never thought you'd be such a hopeless romantic,"

"I'm not,"

"Sure," She rolls her eyes playfully as she fixes the chiffon hijab on her head. From the period that they had entered Dubai airport she had pulled a scarf from her bag and had been wearing it as a hijab covering her hair. JJ didn't question it. It was her body and he understood why she wanted to cover up, it was an Islamic country and Hadiyeh had already told him about how almost everyone knows the 'Ezra' family, so it would only be reasonable for her to cover up.

They walk past the gate and there are people waiting for their loved ones to step out and as Hadiyeh is walking out she sees her mother waving at them. Hadiyeh grins to herself as she sees her. 

"Is that your mother?" JJ asks his eyes following Haidyeh's line of vision

"Yeah and that's my brother next to her in the blue suit,"

"And who's the guy in black?"

"Their bodyguard," Hadiyeh replies as she waves back.

"Oh,"

"Yeah, baba tends to have many enemies," She says factually as they approach them.

Written: 13/08/2021

Published: 21/08/2021