0.8

Flash forward to The Swan

"Hey," he stood up seeing her step into the restaurant.

She didn't smile. She didn't react. She didn't care. She wanted to pretend that this is a formal meeting. So she walks casually towards the table, the same way a model would when located in public. A casual catwalk.

She placed her bag on the table in front of her, sat down and finally greeted him. "Hi."

"Would you like anything?" The waiter greets Hadiyeh and JJ with a polite smile on his face.

"Water for now," Hadiyeh replies and JJ nods in agreement.

The waiter disappears to behind the counter, the swan was not as busy as it usually is. Today being a Wednesday people had places to be and had things to do. So the vacancy was understandable.

"If you have nothing to say then I have better places to be and have much more important things to do," she states factually.

"You're still my wife," he sighs rubbing his eyes, "I just want you to listen to me,"

"I'm listening,"

"You can't punish me for something that my parents have said and done,"

"Im not punishing you," she startles her eyes going wide, was he thinking that she was punishing him?

"Then what is this? You have stopped talking to me, you won't even look at me, fucking hell you pretend that I don't even exist!"

"JJ!" She snaps, "don't raise your voice at me,"

"Why are you doing this? What have I ever done for you to be treating me like shit!"

"Im not punishing you, I'm giving you time to figure things with your parents, for fucks sake I even texted you saying that I'm going to give you time to think about yourself and your family."

"You said giving me space, not airing me!"

"If I was airing you I would not be sat here right now," Hadiyeh is quick to reply.

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter appears out of seemingly thin air to take their order.

"A vegetarian alfredo, please," she orders, her tone warm and friendly towards the waiter acting as though nothing had happened a second before.

"A classic Italian please," JJ orders, still fuming.

"Thank you," hadiyeh thanks the waiter before he disappears behind the counter again.

"We took the vow of staying by each other's side no matter what, why are you doing this?" He asks quietly.

Now she saw why he was so hurt. He felt betrayed and misled. His heart was in pain, not his mind.

"I thought it would be best if you were to figure things out with your family, without me being there, I didn't want you to feel as though you had to have a bias."

"You are my family," he mutters his words barely audible.

"I want you, for your own sake, to talk things out with your family and I don't want you to pick me for the sake that you love me, but logically, find a way to split your time between me and your parents and brother," she advises him placing her hand over his, her soft skin feeling unfamiliar. It feels like it's been centuries before they had held hands.

Their moment is cut short when the waiter reappears with the tray that has their two plates of food on it.

They eat their food in contentment. This may be the first meal that JJ had eaten in peace. His mind was clear and his body was relaxed.

They held small talk until their food was over, both of them happy at how their meeting had gone.

"Do you want to come round to mine after? If your schedule is free," Hadiyeh offers.

"Sure," he nods.

After their meal, the waiter comes over with the bill and places it on the table as he clears the plates.

JJ is quick to pull out his card before Hadiyeh has the chance, but she doesn't complain, it's nice getting treated.

Just as they are about to leave JJ pulls out the bouquet of roses from the seat beside him.

"I literally forgot that they were there," he blushes handing the bouquet to her making her smile childishly.

"Aww, JJ," she giggles her hand covering her face.

"You look adorable," he chuckles smiling from ear to ear, pleased and delighted that he could make her so happy.

"I love you," she laughs wholeheartedly.

"I love you more," he grins.

Over the years of knowing JJ, something was for sure, the boastful, self-centred JJ on camera was nothing like the calm, caring JJ off-camera that Hadiyeh had grown to love with all of her heart and soul. The past few weeks had been hard for both of them. But their little break had made her realise that life without him was dull boring and bleak.

"They smell wonderful," Hadiyeh beams, inhaling the scent of the roses.

"I wanted to get you an orchid, cuz I know they're your favourite, but it wouldn't seem smart to bring a plant pot to the restaurant," he replies.

JJ pays attention to the little things, which is ironic because if you were to ask him what is the name of Simons charity it would be asking him about quantum chemistry. But if you were to ask him about Harry's order at five guys, he wouldn't miss a beat or ask him about Tobi's favourite chocolate his answer would be precise and accurate.

They walk out of the restaurant hand in hand careful of the fans catching them together, they had decided not to tell anyone besides their family and friends that they are married, because the fans could be a handful and neither if they were ready for the criticism and backlash that would come from both of their communities.

Written: 23/07/2021
Published: 09/08/2021