2.9

FLASHFORWARD TO JUNE 19th

JJ had a photoshoot today with some magazines. He was bummed. He couldn't believe that an entire day had passed and no one had congratulated him on his birthday. Not even Hadiyeh. They had woke up in a hurry as usual and were too busy to even bid goodbye to each other.

She had left him a text at lunch telling him shell pick him up after his shoot was over. He had refreshed all his socials yet there hadn't been a single happy birthday message from any of his friends. They couldn't be that busy to forget their best friends birthday, could they?

He stepped outside the building and waited for Hadiyeh. A few seconds later Hadiyeh had pulled up her range rover. JJ had decided not to bring up his birthday. There wouldn't be a point anyway, the day was almost over.

He climbed into the car throwing his bag onto the back seat.

"Hey love," she kissed him.

"Hey," he mumbled replicating the kiss with not even half as much passion as she had.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he shrugged turning his attention to his phone.

Good. Hadiyeh thought to herself. If his attention was elsewhere she could get to the bar without him knowing.

She turned the radio on letting the music play, blocking out the awkwardness in the car. JJ hadn't even spared the thought that his wife was dressed elegantly in a light blue abaya for her husbands birthday.

Hadiyeh parked the car and got out.

"Why are we here? You don't even drink!"

"Well, I booked out the bar and restaurant." She chuckled.

Before he could reply she had pushed him through the doors and had left him in the dark.

"SUPRISE!"

JJ almost jumped out of his wits. Standing inside the bar was every YouTuber and influencer you could think of. From Nella Rose and Maryam Musa to all of the beta squad plus Harry Pinero and Filly.

A wide grin appeared on his face. He turned to thank Hadiyeh who was standing beside him, with a massive smile. She was just happy that everyone could make it.

"Happy twenty-sixth birthday handsome," she kissed his cheek getting wolf whistles from the crowd.

"I love you," he lifted her tiny figure, her abaya weighing more than her and kissed her as she wrapped herself around him.

"I love you more," she whispered as they pulled away.

Needless to say, it was a successful night. Everyone had enjoyed themselves.

FLASHBACK TO DUBAI

JJ had received Mohammad Ezra's blessing. Now was the tricky part. Abbas and Hamza's blessing. He knew that later today they would be going to the hospital to see Hamza before he gets sent into the surgery room.

"I must be off," Mohammad smiled at JJ, he rose from his seat a butler was quick to hand him his suit coat and briefcase. His assistant joined him as he was about to leave the room.

"Never thought you're one to get up early," Hadiyeh chuckled seeing him sitting there with a cup of coffee scrolling through his socials absentmindedly.

"Good morning," he greeted her as she sat opposite him at the table.

She gave her order to the maid who had scurried towards her. "A muffin and latte. Please,"

"So are we just gonna stay here and chill?"

"I bought you to my home city and you expect us to stay at home all day?" She asked rhetorically, "Im going to show you my childhood, we're going shopping."

"What?"

"Get dressed in something cool and comfortable were going to the old Dubai Bazar" she grinned and he laughed at her enthusiasm.

"I thought it was just me and you," JJ looks at Saeedeh who was standing by the door with Hadiyeh.

"Don't look at me like that, I don't want to be here either. Abbas sent me to chaperone." Saeedeh rolled her eyes. She had to study yet low and behold she was going to the hot Bazar with these two idiot lovebirds.

~~~

That afternoon when they had gotten back home, JJ gad caught Abbas having bus afternoon tea and had asked him for his blessing. Abbas was reluctant but with Saeedeh sitting next to him edging him on. He finally gave his blessing.

Hadiyeh knocked on JJ's door politely, babying Asal on her hip. Just as JJ opened the door Asal toppled over her and into his grasp. 

"Olaf!" 

"Hey baby," he cooed holding the little child in his grasp.

"I came to tell you that we're going to the hospital."

"I mean, sure, just let me get my phone." JJ swung the little child around making her giggle.

A few minutes later, Saeedeh, Abbas, Hadiyeh and JJ were sat in the car. 

Written: 19/08/2021
Published: 26/08/2021

(A/N: double update, there are only a few chapters left!!!)