5

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Miss knight may I have a word"

Professor McGonagall called out for the Slytherin from the front of the hall and gestured the girl towards the exit, Maximus and her Griffindoor friends sending her curious looks to which she shrugged also confused. She can't think of anything she had done that was remotely bad within the last few hours. She hadn't even smoked yet.

As the pair left the great hall through the back exits, the Raven haired girl didn't notice the pretty eyes of the blonde french girl that followed her as she went, Fleur  hoping for a moment where their eyes met to see the tall females reaction to her. Would she fall instantly like the boys around her? Would she hate her like how most of the girls were sending her death glares? Or would she not even acknowledge her existence?

Sighing in disappointment she let herself get into conversations with the chatty Ravenclaw students around her. A particular girl named Cho Chang she found herself asking questions to.

"What house is the green robes" the french girl asked the Ravenclaw, her English slightly broken as she spoke. She gestured to the table of Slytherins who wore the serpent crest.

"Oh that's Slytherin" Cho answered politely, a friendly smile on her face. Cho seemed to be one of the only girls who wasn't trying to put her six feet under, Fleur already liked her.

"And rouge?" Knowing a little bit of french, the Ravenclaw girl knew that she meant red and answered with 'Gryffindor' to which fleur nodded. Another girl from who was a second year jumped into the conversation, telling the french witch all about the rivalry between the two houses which she found immensely interesting.

"So why was slytherin girl sat with the Gryffindors?" Once again her words was broken and her french accent was heard clearly but it just made speaking to her all the more enchanting.

"Slytherin with Griffin-Oh you mean Rosalind Knight who was sat at the Gryffindor table?" Fleur rose her brow at the name and played it back within her mind. Rosalind. How pretty.

"Rosalind doesn't assoniate herself with her house, personal reasons ofcourse cant tell you myself but you won't ever catch her mingling with a lot of Slytherins" now that really grabbed Fleurs attention. It seemed this Rosalind was a complete mystery, which was very convenient as the Delacour female had just made it a task to find out all about her.

Professor McGonagall brought the slytherin into her classroom and asked her to take a seat, Rosalind doing so looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Whatever you think I've done Mcgonnie I haven't" the older woman had to stop herself from smiling at the nickname, Rosalind had been using it since first year and no matter how many detentions it got her refused to give it up. Just like how four boys did the same thing many years ago.

"You haven't done anything for once miss Knight however this is a very serious discussion" Rosalind perked up at that, sitting straight in her seat and waiting for her favourite professor to announce this 'serious' topic.

"How are you?" Rosalind was thrown off by the question and caring tone of her professor. She was confused for a moment but realised she had been thrown out if most students knew then teachers definitely would.

"I'm fine" she said a little bit too quickly, not wanting to become emotional. McGonagall had this conversation before but with someone else. Sirius black. To her  Rosalind was the spitting imagine of her uncle despite her green eyes and slytherin robes, she even acted as he did, smirked like he did, gave her a cheeky nickname like he did. She was the second generation of Sirius black and was more him than her actual parents.

She had also suffered the same childhood as him, being abused and neglected (that Minerva didn't know about) and now being disowned. She had seen this all before and it seemed she also covered up her emotions just as her uncle did.

Rosalind and Sirius became really close last year, he had not only come looking for Harry but her aswell, she was his niece and on the night he was thrown into Azkaban the reason he was found guilty without even so much as a second thought was because he had committed the crime of kidnapping four year old Rosalind, saying he had to get her away from her (quoted) 'dickhead death eater parents'. When he broke into Hogwarts the first person he went to see was her, he needed to calm his mind and see for himself that she hadn't become like her parents, that she was good and the relief be felt when he had seen her in a short sleeve top with no dark mark was the biggest relief of his life.

It was Rosalind who actually found him before anyone else, when he first broke into the castle she was hidden behind a wall and watched as he attacked the fat lady, seeing him shift into his dog form to escape, this leading her to follow him into the shrieking shack and pounce on him once he had shifted back throwing punches left and right with no fear. It was then when he looked at her had he realised his wishes truly did come true, his little niece became strong and brave. He saw himself in her and promised that once he cleared his name he was going to take her and Harry as his own, give them the family they should of had.

Ofcourse Sirius didn't know what had happened in the summer with the girl being disowned, or what happened to her whilst she was in the Knight household, well he wouldn't until Harry Potter would write him a letter (more of a rant) later that night telling him how much he wanted to give her parents a piece of his mind as soon as he left to his dormitory. Rosalind had wrote telling the man she was all fine and well, her words on paper were far more convincing then when face to face. She didn't want him to worry or worse go on a rampage which could get him killed because of her. She was once again protecting those she cared about instead of putting herself first.

"I've known you since you were eleven, I know when you're lying Lind. You can always talk to m-" the woman was cut off by the head of slytherin entering with no warning, a sneer on face.

"Knight. Leave." Snape ordered The knight girl rolled her eyes at the greasy haired man who spoke to her like dirt. He had always disliked her, even from her being a child. It was probably because she knew he was a, well used to be a death eater. He had to walk on shells around her and the fact she knew he had to bothered him to no end. A teenager held power over him. How pathetic.

However Minerva wasn't the only person who saw Sirius black in Rosalind, Snape had thought it too straight away from her being a simple child and memories of his nightmare school life with Mr Black always came rushing back to him the second their eyes locked. They were far too alike, the only difference was that Rosalind was more mature and no where near being a bully.

"Please take my words into consideration Rosalind. You know where to find me" the girl smiled at the older woman and nodded however both knew it would take a while for her to fully open up about how she was feeling. She got up from the chair and gave both professors her infamous grin.

"Bye Mcgonnie! Bye snappy snev!"

"How d- 10 points from slytherin and a detention tomorrow miss knight!"

"Cant wait snappy!"

✍︎︎