80

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

The days after hearing Arthur Weasley had been attacked had been a mess, there was so much crying and screaming. So much sadness built up that it caused everyone to break down and fall into fits off anger. The Weasleys children were fuming that they couldn't see their father right away, having been sent to Grimmauld place by port key it took all of Rosalind's strength to keep the youngests from marching out of there. She had sat with them the whole time, the twins, Ron and Ginny eventually falling asleep on her and she hugged them all In comfort. Her heart broke for them.

Charlie had come rushing down from Romania, demanding to see his father only for himself to be sent back to Grimmauld place too where he had sought out the comfort of Maximus, who quickly arrived there after hearing the news. He held the dragonologist in his arms as he cried, himself knowing that painful feeling of knowing your father had gotten hurt and there was nothing you could do about it. Luckily Arthur had made it out alive unlike his father did.

It had been Harry that had saw it all happen, he had seen vividly that Arthur was being attacked and if not for him the man would have been dead. He too fell asleep in Rosalind's arms when he went to Grimmauld place, snuggled in between her and Sirius as he tried to not let the haunting images plague his mind. He mostly stuck to Rosalind's side all the time, only leaving her if he truly had to, he felt safe with her, like no one could harm him if she was there.

Molly had been at the hospital for days, not leaving her husbands side until she had to, Rosalind had taken to playing the role she usually took and cooked for everyone, Kreature jumping into help seeing how stressed his mistress had been.

It was all dawning on them now, Voldemort didn't care who he had to hurt to get to Harry. He didn't have any emotions or any sympathy. He didn't care that Arthur was a husband, a father or a friend, he got in his way and for that he made him suffer and pay the price. Rosalind fumed as she thought about it, too many people were getting her and she couldn't bare the thought of anyone else she loved dying by the hands of him. Arthur had been so close, so close to losing his life but by the hands of the miracle workers in St.Mungos they had managed to save him.

It soon came to Christmas Eve and Arthur was due to come back to Grimmauld place later on in the evening. Molly was still in hospital with him and the rest of them had just come back from finally being allowed to visit the hospital. On their trip there, they had encountered Neville, who upon seeing Rosalind practically ran into her arms to greet her with a massive hug. It was then that Rosalind met Nevilles parents, Frank and Alice longbottom. She swore she almost cried seeing their condition, it was her cousin Bellatrix that caused them to be that way, it was her that drove them to that point of insanity leaving Neville without parents and for that she felt guilty herself. So many people were hurt because of her family, so many people were without their loved ones because of her family, the thought knocked her sick to her stomach.

They were all currently scattered around Grimmauld place, doing their own things. Hermione had finally joined them, instead of going on a ski trip with her parents she opted to spend Christmas with her friends.

Rosalind was sat in the living area with Fleur, the fire warming them up whilst she read a story out loud with her love laying upon her chest. Finding some peace after days of worry, stress and fear. Harry sat infront of them, looking up at her like a small child whilst she read the story, rubbing his eyes sleepily as her soft voice and the flickering of the fire lulled him into a sleepy daze.

"Rosie, say I were to hang someone upside down, would that give them a nose bleed?" The girl stopped her reading to turn and look at Ginny bewildered, the ginger girl just giving her an innocent smile as she glanced to the door where Hermione also stood, her own sickeningly sweet smile on her lips. Fleur let out a quiet giggle knowing they were up to something.

"Do I want to know?" She asked with wide eyes, reaching down infront of her to run her hand through Harry's dark fluffy locks, finding him to be in a deep sleep with his head resting on the edge of the sofa.

"Depends. Will you tell us off if you find out" the way their tones were completely innocent and not at all mischievous has her knowing that the two girls had done something, she rose a brow at then and was going to ask what they were up to until a scream cut her off.

"Rosalind! Reinmond! Maximus! Anybody! Help! They are trying to kill me!" the screams of Ron echoed all the way down from upstairs to the living room, Rosalind about to stand up until the two girls wafted her to sit back down.

"He's fine, we promise. Dramatic little thing he is" said Ginny, glancing up at the stairs where Reinmond and Charlie now stood.

"Ginny? Why is Ron hanged upside down by his feet from the chandelier?" Fleur burst out into laughter, scolding herself to quieten down once she saw Harry move in his sleep whilst Rosalind looked at the two girls with a dropped jaw.

"He was being very sexist-" Ginny started.

"-So we put him in his place" Hermione finished, both sharing a cocky glance as they now stood with their hands on their hips. Hearing that Rosalind grinned proudly and went back to opening her book, pulling Fleur back into her side.

From in the kitchen, Remus and Sirius heard the whole thing but decided to mind their own business, finding it rather amusing as though they weren't the adults that had been left in charge to look after the kids.

"If done for too long it can, just swing him around abit" the two girls grinned, now knowing they weren't going to get told off by the older girl and skipped back up stairs towards Ron, finding Maximus already there poking him.

"A Weasley wrecking ball, now that's something you don't see every day" he grinned, gently starting to swing the boy back and forwards, although a breath left his lips feeling Charlie wrap an arm around his shoulder as he came up next to him to observe his younger brother.

"Maximus don't you dare push me! Rosalind help! This is abuse! Ginny I'm sorry I said boys are stronger than girls, I take it back!"

"What an eventful Christmas Eve"

✍︎︎