49

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

Stepping off the Hogwarts express onto platform nine and three quarters she felt a sudden wave of sadness fall over her as she looked at it with a smile. That would have been her last time getting on that train.

Maximus wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into a big hug as soon as they stepped off, squeezing her tightly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" She asked him, holding his face in her hand to look at him properly.

"Yes, if I ever need you, which is always, I'll write straight away don't worry" he smiled at her, catching his mother waving at him enthusiastically as she walked towards them. He cringed knowing he would have to tell her what had happened and explain why he might request for Rosalind when having a breakdown. She was a muggle, she hadn't been informed of Cedrics death.

"My babies" Mrs McKay ran up to them and pulled them into a bone crushing up, the pair groaning at her steel grip.

"Hi mum"

"Hi Mrs McKay" she pulled back and flicked Rosalind on her forehead making Maximus laugh.

"How many times must I tell you to call me Elizabeth" the older woman shook her head at the girl, Rosalind smiling back sheepishly.

"At least once more Mrs McKay, as always" she chuckled and pulled her into another big hug having missed the girl.

"Will you be coming home with us?" Elizabeth always asked her that question every year, hoping that she would. Rosalind livened up their house hold and after her husband died brought a smile to Maximus' face again. She was also great with the twins, the two little girls hadn't stopped asking for her all year.

"Unfortunately not but I will be visiting soon if you'll have me" both mother and son hit each arm of hers with an in sync 'dont be daft of course we will have you' that made Maximus immediately blush and look down, he was becoming too much like his mother.

"Deary me, we have to go, the twins are waiting in the car. But promise me young lady if you need anythin-"

"I'll come straight to you, don't worry" giving the girl another bone crushing hug and pulling her down to place a motherly kiss upon her forehead before she started to leave, letting Maximus pull his friend into his arm again saying his goodbyes for now.

"Owl me as soon as you get to Sirius'" she nodded and held onto him tighter, already missing him like crazy.

"I will and you'll owl me if you need me? No matter the time, early in the morning, at the crack of midnight whenever you need me I'm there. You know I can apparate now " he gave her a smile and nodded, slowly walking backwards letting their hands drop as he waved one last goodbye before running to catch up with his mum.

"Can I have a hug too?" She turned to find Harry standing there sheepishly, looking over his shoulder to find the Dursley's on time for once in their lives to pick him up. She sneered darkly at them and pulled the boy into a strong hug.