77

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Remus? Rem what's wrong?"

Rosalind frowned as she walked outside and saw the upset look on Remus' face, his eyes downcast drowning with sadness whilst his body was curled up to hide away from the world.

"Nothing Rose, what are you doing out here?" He quickly regained his composure and sat up straight, a fake smile spreading across his lips.

"Remus" she titled her head at him, going to sit beside him on the steps. He let out a deep sigh knowing she saw right through him, she always did.

"I got another one, last night" the man let his head fall into his hand that rested upon his knee, avoiding her gaze as he looked out upon the street, watching muggles walk past although the muggles couldn't see them.

"Another what?"

"Another...another scar" he said shamefully, eyes falling down to his jumper clad tummy, where a bandaged gash lay underneath.

"Okay? Now you've just became ten times for bad arse" he chuckled quietly as her comment, fondness overcoming him. Sirius had said the exact same thing to him when they were at hogwarts.

"No my darling, I've become ten times more ugly" Rosalind let out a gasp as she turned to him sending sharp daggers his way.

"Remus lupin! If I hear that come out of your mouth again I swear to Merlin I'll do something I won't regret" she scolded him, absolutely mortified that he would ever say such a thing about himself. He was a beautiful man, very pretty and everyone could see it. Even snape probably thought it deep down, he was gorgeous.

"Rose, you don't need to lie to cheer me up because I'm your uncles boyfriend. I'm a monster" his head lolled forwards as she smacked him up it, his hand flying to the back of his neck to rub the spot she just slapped.

"Excuse me?! Did I just hear that correctly? Did the most gentle man I've ever met just call himself a monster?" Rosalind asked rhetorically, looking absolutely bewildered yet deep down felt her heart split in two for the man. He was the kindest person ever, always putting others first and being selfless.

"I'm not gentle or beautiful Rose, I'm not like Sirius. My scars are ugly and what's inside of me is even uglier" he let her grip his hand as he turned to look at her.

"Remus. Your scars are nothing to be ashamed of, they prove that you survived, that you found the will to do good in this world. You are no monster, you're far from it" he sniffed as he looked at her with a smile, the girl that was known as his and Sirius' love child always comforting everyone. All of the order had officially began to say that Remus and Sirius were now and officially her 'parents' and for once, Rosalind didn't mind that someone had replaced the role of her birth givers. They had been there for her always and in honesty she did see them as her dads in a way, it was nice to be known as pure couples child than a child of monsters. It did hurt Molly that she didn't lash out and say they weren't her dads but she knew she couldn't think that way, she was the one who was rude and selfish. Remus and Sirius were the ones who loved unconditionally with no judgement.

"Who's speech did you steal?" He asked, noticing that her face held that of nostalgia when she spoke. Rosalind winked and rested against his shoulder, hugging his arm comfortingly.

"Just some French girl I'm in love with" the werewolf barked out a laugh at her response, he should have guessed.

"Where has the time gone? I could have sworn yesterday it was July and I was meeting Fleur for the first time" Remus sighed.

"Time flys when your enjoying yourself Rem"

"Remus, if you drop me I swear to Merlin-" Maximus clung onto Remus' hair from upon his shoulders, a scared look on his face at the height he was now at. Rosalind laughed loudly from her place on Sirius' shoulders, the duo going forward to try and push Maximus off.

"Rosalind! Don't you dare!" The McKay boy screamed, leaning back to Rosalind's hands couldnt try and knock him off. Reinmond and Fleur sat together on the couch behind them, watching the scene shaking their heads in amusement. They didn't know how it came to be that a game of proving which duo was stronger started being played, Rosalind and Sirius being as rough as always trying techniques to cheat such as Sirius kicking the back of Remus' knees and Rosalind tickling Max in the spots she knew got to him.

"Careful you two, with your age your backs may go" the two men with the teens on their shoulders turned to glare at Reinmond, the eldest Knight holding a wide smirk on his face as their offended looks.

"Oh we are not going there again young man" Sirius stuck his tongue out at his nephew, using the distraction to wrap one of his legs around Remus' making his stance buckle whilst Rosalind pushed her best friend back so he toppled over onto the free couch. The niece and uncle cheering at their victory.

"That wasn't fair!" Maximus pouted, hopping up with a huff. Remus let out a breathy laugh as he went to go and sit next to Fleur, watching Maximus start to poke Sirius to try and get Rosalind off of his shoulders.

"Oh how sad, you just cant defeat us. We will never go down without a fight" said Rosalind dramatically, a little grin upon her face which turned into a massive one along with giggles leaving her lips as Sirius started running away from Maximus, gripping onto her legs to make sure she didn't fall of as he did so.

"That is right my favourite niece! We shall never be taken down by anyone. We shall live on forever" he cheered loudly, dodging the fluffy haired boy that was chasing him with ease. Fleur put a hand over her mouth as she laughed seeing Sirius' face take on a slight pained expression as Rosalind gripped his hair to stop herself from falling back, Reinmond following her laughter as the Hufflepuff boy now had taken to throwing things he found at them.

"She is your only niece Pads!" Remus shook his head at his lover, Sirius' head cocking whilst he snorted and jumped away from the shoe Maximus threw at him.

"Aha! Oh yeah!"

Maximus finally jumped up and grabbed Rosalind by the waist, pulling her off Sirius' shoulder and into his own grip, playfully sparring her as they began to play fight.

"You always cheat!"

"The accusations! I do not!"

"What in godrics name is going on in here?" Molly, Bill and Danielle stood at the door with wide eyes, Reinmond bursting out laughing at their expressions. Molly was holding some Christmas decorations in her hands that she had brought over to decorate the house with as Christmas was coming up very fast, the box was stacked up with tinsel and it covered half of her face only leaving them so see her nose and eyes upwards.

"Oh nothing, just the normal Tuesday isn't it?"

✍︎︎