36

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"I don't deserve to be cuddled"

Fleur was still sulking as she laid in bed with Rosalind, all cuddled into the blankets with her head on her chest and arms wrapped around her middle.

After the second task had come to an end, Fleur had managed to sneak off when Rosalind was speaking to The weasley twins, the boys secretly being worried about her so they had pulled her aside to give her a hug and make sure she was alright. Rosalind had searched everywhere for the girl only for Ginny, surprisingly, to tell her that Fleur had left and snuck into Rosalind's room upset. Fleur had been sat on Rosalind's window seat when she had entered, soft tears streaming down her face as she looked over the view of the black lake.

"Yes you do, Fleur" the french girl still shook her head and went on about how much she was a bad girlfriend for not fighting harder to get her. Rosalind just listened as she ranted on, Fleur frustratedly playing with the rings on her fingers.

"Are you done?" Looking down at her, Rosalind watched her think to herself before she nodded with a pout, feeling tired and exhausted with how much she's put herself down for the last four hours.

"I just-"

"If you whine about how much you hate yourself one more time I'll give you something to whine about" Rosalind's hand sneaked down towards her bum and pinched it lightly, Fleurs face flushing at the husky whisper in her ear.

"If it weren't for those Grindylows I know you would have saved me, don't beat yourself up about it okay?" The Slytherin raked her hands through Fleurs silky blonde hair, loving the softness of it.

"Can we stay like this forever" the whisper was delicate and loving, a plead for peace and a worry-less life. She wanted this to last, wanted the feeling of secureness to never leave her.

"I wish we could Frenchy, but I feel like this is just the calm before the storm"

Leant over the railing of the astronomy tower, she inhaled the poison of nicotine into her lungs, letting it form into a smokey cloud around her once she exhaled.

She had been needing that for the past few days, her stress levels had been rising for many reasons; upcoming exam stress, her brothers riddles, her friends competing in a deadly competition, thinking about her parents and many more. She just needed an escape for a few moments.

Fleur was still sleeping peacefully in her bed, her arms wrapped tightly around the pillow Rosalind had placed there whilst she went out. Fleur always needed something in her grasp, when Rosalind found out that she used to cuddle a teddy bear she swore she almost melted at Fleurs cuteness.

"Knight! Why are you out of bed?!" the sudden voice of professor Snape hissed as he entered the astronomy tower, watching his seventh year student just take another drag of her cigarette, ignoring his presence.

"That's it! De-"

"Is it easier?" She cut him off, turning around to face the man. He looked at her confused, seeing her eyes glimmer as though she had been crying only moments before.

"Joining him I mean" he was taken back by her question, watching as her eyes wandered to his clothed arm where his dark mark lay. He moved his arm away from eyesight and hid them behind his back, the girl smirking at his almost insecure reaction.

"I am not having this discussion with you-"

"May aswell, I mean it's not like I don't know everything" he knew she was right, the girl knew everything about the deatheaters and Voldemort, who followed him, who betrayed him, who was a double crosser. The professor didn't know why but he swallowed his pride and walked next to her, his face scrunching as the smoke from the cigarette wafted in his face. He couldn't believe he was doing this.

"No...it's not easier" The potions professor would never admit it but somewhere deep inside his cold, ugly, dark heart he felt for the young girl, he was even inspired by her strength. She had done the thing many couldn't, what he couldn't, she escaped and didn't follow the darkness. That's why he hated her, the same reason he hated Sirius black, they could have what he never could. Freedom. Sure he could be a spy for the light side but in the end he would always be trapped, he would always be a deatheater by choice. He had a choice and he made the wrong one.

"They're gonna come for me aren't they" she didn't really know why she was talking to him about this as if they both don't hate eachother with a passion, she guessed she just needed a confirmation. A warming.

"Yes" was his blunt answer, he didn't see the point in lying to her when she already knew. Her parents were furious and when the dark lord rised he would be too. He wanted the whole generation of Knights on his side but the first female in all of the noble Knights was the one to go against him. He'd want her dead, just like he wanted Harry Potter, muggleborns and all of the other blood traitors dead. He wanted the world to be loyal to him but there was no way someone like Rosalind would ever bow down without a fight.

"Well that's good to know" her voice sounded sarcastic and confident but her eyes told a different story. She was scared. She wasn't scared for herself, she couldn't really give two shits about herself or what happened to her but it was her friends and those she loved that she was scared for. Her family knew how to hurt her and it wasn't physically.

They wouldn't hurt her by adding another marking on her opposite arm or making her face the torture of the Cruciatus Curse. Oh no they would hurt her by using her emotions. They had always told her that her emotions made her weak. Love, sadness, pity, happiness it all made you weak.

They would hurt the people she loved. They'd break her until she was so far gone that they could convert her and twist her mind so she was as evil as them or they'd put her out of her misery. They'd get rid of her all together.

Either way, if they succeeded, Rosalind Knight would be no more.

"Well, lovely talking to you snappy but it's past my curfew" she gave the man a sarcastic smile and a pat on the shoulder, that would have probably gotten her another detention if the man wasn't staring at her with an unfamiliar look in his eye.

She took one last puff of her cigarette before letting it slip from her grasp off of the astronomy tower, picking up the pack that she placed on the floor and taking her leave, leaving the 'ex deatheater' to his own thoughts.

Snapes eyes watched the cigarette fall all the way to the floor until it was no longer seen, falling into the abyss of darkness before turning to watch where she had just left.

Rosalind Knight wasn't what she portrayed herself to be.

✍︎︎