10

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!"

"No you aren't uncle Siri"

The teenage girl rolled her eyes at her uncles dramatics, watching his figure in the mirror she held out infront of her as he ranted on about how he was going to carve "scumbag" into her fathers face.

The two way mirror was something he gave her last year, using it as a way to communicate with her to see if she was actually doing okay or if she was full of bullshit in her letters. They had barely used it, neither finding the time or wanting the other to see the states they were both in. One homeless and the other broken.

"Oh yeah? Try me" Sirius black was fuming, receiving the letter from his god son telling him his niece had been disowned was only the start of his anger but seeing her in a short sleeved tank top, his eyes catching glimpses of scars and bruises set him off like wildfire, his blood boiling and anger being set off through the roof. He had made her show him the scars, something that caused great anxiety to rise within Rosalind but knowing he would come storming his way into Hogwarts if she didn't , she had showed him everything, even the carving on her arm that he quite literally growled at. He was taking his animagus a little bit too seriously.

"Remus tell him" she said to the werewolf she had also grown close to, catching him in the background behind Sirius.

"He's right lind, your parents need to be stopped. Look at your arm for merlins sake" Remus didn't know why he had taken a liking or cared about the girl so quickly, maybe it was her resemblance to Sirius or maybe it was because he felt his heart lurch when people would boast about their loving parents and her head would just drop, he didn't know but what he did know was that he tried to be there for her, she needed as much support as she could get.

"You know my parents Sirius! You know what they do" Sirius understood why she was 'defending' them. His sister was an evil bitch who had no problem using him as her own punching bag growing up aswell. He had scars from the very rings of hers that matched his nieces. That's why it hurt him all the more. He wasn't there to protect her, he wasn't there to protect her and Harry and that broke him. He should have been there.

"As soon as school is over you're coming to live with me, I don't care" Rosalind smiled at her uncle. He was living at Grimmauld Place now, orders of Dumbledoor. He said he absolutely hated it there but at least it gave him a roof over his head that he could hopefully fix up.

"I'd like that"

A knock on her door made her panic as it did the men on the other side of the mirror.

"I'll be there in a minute!" She called out to whoever knocked, scrambling up from where she sat on her armchair and saying goodbye quickly.

"I have to go. I love you uncle Sirius" before he could respond too, she disappeared from the mirror leaving the man to turn to face his best friend with his mouth agape.

"Did you hear that moony?" He stuttered, tears welling in his eyes.

"She said she loved me! She loves me moony!" Remus watched as his best friend danced around the living room of Grimmauld Place, the Knight girl probably didn't know how much those small three words meant to the man.

He skipped around Remus playfully, singing about how his niece told him she loved him. The werewolf smiled and laughed with him, happy that Sirius was finally truly smiling and it was all because of two teenagers.

Back at Hogwarts, the door was knocked on again. Rosalind quickly slid the mirror under her pillow and rushed to the door, letting out a breath of relief seeing that it was only Harry, who stood there looking down at his shoes.

"Bloody hell Harry, what are you doing you'll get caught at this hour" she pulled the boy in, checking the corridor for any teachers. As she turned back to the boy, the wind was knocked out of her when he crushed her into a hug, sobbing gently making her heart feel heavy.

He was just a boy.

"Shh Harry it's okay" she pet his hair softly, trying to comfort him as he cried in her arms, his head lay on her shoulder whilst she removed his glasses making his wipe his eyes.

"I heard you stuck up for me, I promise I didn't put my name-"

"I know Harry, I know you didn't" she hushed him gently, pulling him to sit on the bed next to her letting him snuggle and holding into her like a mother would hold her child.

"Ron hates me" the spectacled boy said, Rosalind looking at him confused when he stated that. Was she hearing things correctly?

"What?"

"He's angry because he thinks I put my name the goblet and said it's not fair because he wanted to put his name in too" Rosalind let out a scoff of disbelief. How ridiculous! If anything Ron should be the one supporting Harry in this. It was obvious to see he hadn't done what he's being accused of.

"I'll speak to him" Harry nodded, sniffing quietly. He knew not to let other people handle his battles for him but he had handled everything on his own from being a small child, having someone who wanted to care for him and didn't think of him as a burden was nice, comforting even.

"Can I stay here tonight please? I don't want to go back to the dorm" Harry asked, prepared to go and suck it up if she said no. Rosalind nodded quickly, ofcourse he could. She took out her wand and pointed it at her nightstand casting a spell to turn the small cabinet into a single bed that fit just perfectly in the smallish room . A bed for Harry to sleep in.

"Thankyou"

"Don't mention it Harry. We are family, we look out for eachother"

✍︎︎