85

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Escaped....they fucking escaped Azkaban"

Sirius threw the daily prophet against the table in frustration, anger boiling within his body. His reaction caught his lover and the Knight siblings off guard causing Rosalind to pick up the abandoned paper to swiftly see what he had read.

"Mass escape in Azkaban"

Her stomach dropped seeing the words before her, all of the deatheaters that had been locked away were now free, some of the worst ones now being able to terrorise streets and stand behind their master once again. Her cousin, parts of her family, the worst of the worst were now out in the world getting ready to destroy anything they touched. January thirteenth, not even far from starting the new year and everything was going to shit already.

"Pass me the paper" Reinmond gestured Rosalind to give it to him, quickly reading the article himself with a tense figure and slack jaw. There was no way that could have happened, with them out no one was safe. Not Harry, not Sirius, not Rosalind, not even him. They'd would go on a hunt for him after they found out about his betrayal, it was a death worthy punishment that a certain person would offer themselves to torture upon him.

"Speaking to reporters in his private office, Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic, confirmed that ten high-security prisoners escaped in the early hours of yesterday evening and that he has already informed the Muggle Prime Minister of the dangerous nature of these individuals" Remus' eyes widened at the news, praying that the Weasleys and Fleur would hurry back from their shopping trip. If they had escaped, they were looking for revenge and they would take it in crowded places to send a message. Rosalind's heart was pounding knowing that she wasn't with Fleur, if her mother had told her cousin about her lover then Bellatrix would go for her first just to hurt her. The scraggly evil witch never liked her.

She despised her since she was just a little girl.
-
"She's going to be a weakling" the crazed voice of Bellatrix echoed throughout the cold living area of the Knight manor, her dark eyes looking her three year old cousin up and down with a sneer:

"She's a child. She'll grow up how we want her" Reginalt said firmly, believing he could craft his daughter into the perfect little weapon that he wanted. A proud follower of the dark Lord who lived to please him, he had a great future planned for her.

"Huh..I remember a certain mummy saying that about my dearest cousin sir-" Esther stepped forward with a fire burning behind her eyes, the same fire that represented that of Wallburga Black. They looked the double of one another, you could have mistaken them for the same person if you were given pictures of them not knowing they were mother and daughter.

"Do not say that traitors name, in my household!" Bellatrix raised her hands in faux surrender and looked back to the little girl with an evil grin.

"Hello beastie, I'm Bell-" she tried to go pick her up, only for the toddler to scream loudly when her fingers got to close to her, making Bellatrix pull back in shock as the high pitched echo rang in her ears.

"No like you" seven year old Reinmonds eyes widened at his baby sisters well spoken babbles, taking a step forwards once he saw Bellatrix's head tick in annoyance. He knew Bellatrix was bad, but he didn't know if she would go as far as to hurt his baby sister.

"I hate it. That ones going to be a little rat" the curly haired woman sneered before walking away, going to stand infront of Reinmond instead, he was well behaved and well mannered, he was already becoming a boy the dark Lord would want in his ranks when he became of age.

Esther's mouth dropped at her daughters words, it had been the same thing small Sirius had said when he had met his cousin for the first time too.

Her daughter was a little bit too much like her younger brother and she wondered why. Of course she didn't know that Sirius kept sneaking baby Rosalind out of the Manor to have a few hours with him and sometimes the marauders, the little girl being very clever for her age and adapting the things they said and did.

"Come you demon child, time for a nap"

-

"We think it likely that these individuals, who include Black's cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, have rallied around Black as their leader." The boy read aloud, hands gripping the paper tightly. Sirius stood up in anger, his chair falling backwards before Remus could catch it.

"They still think I'm bloody behind it! Twats the lot of them!" He started to pace around the kitchen, feet almost burning a hole into the floor with his quick footwork.

"And I presume he still thinks Voldemort isn't behind it" Remus shook his head, his sweater paws rubbing over his face tiredly as flashbacks from the first wizarding war clogged up his mind. This was all going to end in death and destruction, the worst damage couldn't be completed with Voldemort's highest death eaters locked up but now that they were free, no one would survive.

"Someone needs to knock some sense into him, can't he see that the longer he's in denial the more people die" Rosalind fumed, on edge thinking of Fleur being out there and the kids being in knowingly at Hogwarts where they were all sitting ducks, she didn't know how far they would push it to get to Harry, no one knew who or when they were going to attack and it left everyone on edge. She couldn't even think of how scared the children must be, how sick and angry Neville must have felt reading that same article, knowing the person who took his parents away from him was back in the world doing what she did before.

"What's it going to take to make him realise? A death of his own? Does he need to see him in the flesh?" Sirius was raging, not only was he once again getting blamed for a crime he didn't commit but he knew full well that the people he loved were in danger. Harry was in danger, Rosalind was in danger, Remus was in danger, Fleur, Reinmond, Tonks, The Weasleys, everyone was in danger and there was nothing he could do about it.

"He's going to get everyone killed" Reinmond muttered, passing the Daily Prophet to Remus before walking over to stand behind his sister, his hands moving to her shoulders and cringing at how tense she was, she was eyeing the door frantically. Plagued thoughts of someone walking in crying saying that Fleur had been hurt or god forbid killed from a horrid attack by the death eaters, her heart was wrenching and she felt nauseous. She needed her fiancé.

"They'll be fine, I doubt they'll attack in broad daylight" Reinmond tried to comfort her, this catching the attention of Remus and Sirius who now looked at the girl and saw how stiff she had become.

"Rosa-" Remus was cut off by the door opening, the laughter of Molly and Fleur sauntering it's way into the kitchen causing Rosalind's shoulders to sag in relief. She was okay.

As the blonde witch walked in, Rosalind darted up from her seat and made a beeline for her, instantly pulling her lover into a hug, head being buried into the crook of her neck. Fleur was taken aback by the action, her hands going to smooth out Rosalind's hair, fingers massaging her scalp soothingly as the raven haired girl relaxed against her.

Molly walked in straight after and found herself confused at the way Rosalind was holding Fleur protectively.

"What's going on? You alright dearie?"

"You haven't heard?" Molly shook her head at Reinmonds question, the eldest Knight chucking her the copy of the daily prophet so she could see for herself.

"....no"

✍︎︎