25

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Cedric, not being funny but I think he would prefer you wrapped up instead of an actual present"

The Hufflepuff boy snorted at her comment, she always had a way with words that one. Big help. Cedric had been struggling with Christmas present ideas for Maximus, his boyfriend was very picky and he had no clue what to get him without asking him himself so he decided to go to the person who knew Maximus like the back of her hand. Rosalind.

The pair were sat in the library, once again a shock for people seeing Rosalind within that room, and were whispering in hushed voices to make sure that god awful librarian didn't scream at them for having their 'mothers meeting' in her library.

"So no to bracelet then" Cedric took out his little notepad and scribbled out the word charm bracelet making Rosalind hold back a laugh.

"This is so hard!" Cedric whined, slumping down in his seat like a child. Maximus never tells him anything he wants, so picking presents for him is the hardest thing in the world.

"Maximus doesn't like people buying him things" the golden boy looked at her like she had grown three heads.

"I- but you literally buy him anything he wants the second he thinks about wanting it" Rosalind rolled her eyes but knew it was true, she had a problem with buying people gifts. She didn't really know why, maybe it was because she didn't want them to leave her, maybe that was her way of making people stay.

"I don't really give him a choice in the matter but what I do know is that whatever you get him he will love just...make it meaningful" a lightbulb went off in Cedrics head, he bit his lip to hold back a excited smile and held a book up open between him and Rosalind so people couldn't catch their conversation.

"Meaningful...I have an idea but I think I need your help"

"Go on" the girl urged, excited to hear about this idea her friend had.

"So all of the times me and max have...well y'know, its always been either rough or rushed and I want to make it, special for him for once" Rosalind awed as the boys cheeks burned red, she don't know why people got shy about the topic of sex with her, the girl had no filter at all you could speak to her about anything. Maximus always acted all shy and blushy went talking about it around others but when it was just her and him, he did not hold back on details.

"So what do you need help with?" She asked, listening intently.

"On the night of the ball, I'll need you to distract him whilst I clear our dorm room and make it all romantic with petals and candles. Then about twenty-thirty minutes after I've left, I'll need you to send him up" Rosalind clapped and nodded, this was so sweet she could cry. Maximus would absolutely love it.

"Make sure to have yourself wrapped up tho" Cedric snapped the book shut and hit her over the head with it but a loud laugh escaped him making the librarian hush the pair, them both snicking into their hands.

"Speaking of presents, Your birthday is literally in four days, so what do you want?" despite hating her birthday, Rosalind was always grateful to her friends for trying to make it a special day for her. Cedric had asked the same question every year, what she wanted for her birthday but the guy wouldn't give up until she gave him a real answer.

"Peace and quiet away from professor moody" the Hufflepuff prefect looked at her with concern, he himself had started to notice how Moody always picked on her in class, especially when he was teaching topics like killing curses and even when bringing up deatheaters. He had stood up for her once, telling Moody to leave her alone but that received him a dark glare and detention which made Rosalind promise he wouldn't do it again. She could fight her own battles, she didn't need her friends getting into trouble for standing up to her against a bratty teacher who seemed to hold a vendetta against her.

"He still won't leave you alone?" Cedric turned his full attention to her, ready to go bad hufflepuff mode on the one-working eyed teacher. Rosalind was his boyfriends best friend, she meant a lot to Max which meant she meant a lot to him aswell. He thought of her as the sister he never had.

"Nope, after you and Maximus left that bloody cursed classroom it was the discussion of 'why your parents hate you 101' oh and let's not forget him bringing my godfather up every single given moment" she grumbled, Cedrics eyes narrowing and lips pursing. She should probably go to Dumbledore about this, it's practically harassment but he knew she wouldn't, she was too proud to let him know he bothered her.

"Who's your godfather again?" Rosalind had never told him who he was, she never really spoke about her family at all really. All he knew was that she hated them with a living breathing passion.

"An irrelevant cunt, he's probably dead to be honest with you. A right nutcase, you'd think he was biologically in the Knight family with how twisted his mind is" Cedric just nodded at her words and patted her head, deciding not to touch any more on the subject seeing how riled up she was getting thinking of her biological family. You could tell when she was getting annoyed, she cracked her fingers and balled her hands into fists, that's when everyone knew to either shut up or drop whatever they were talking about.

"Anyways...back to the topic at hand, I think you should wrap yourself in red ribbon for that Christmas theme" Cedric hit her with the book once more, a blush rising to his cheeks as she started going on about how he could wrap himself up sexily for Maximus.

"Maybe even yellow! Give him some of that Hufflepuff spirit"

"Rosalind!"

✍︎︎