78

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Happy birthday to you!"

As Rosalind walked down the stairs of Grimmauld place and towards the kitchen, she was taken back in surprise seeing it all decorated with birthday banners and presents for her. Molly, Arthur, Maximus,Sirius, Remus, Reinmond, Fleur, Bill, Danielle and Tonks all stood around the table shouting a loud cheer once she walked in.

A large cake rested upon the middle of the table, balloons hanged from the curtain poles and even kreature was wearing a little party hat with a small smile on his lips. It was his mistresses birthday, hed do anything for her.

Rosalind had awoken to a cold bed, Fleur not next to her causing a rush of panic to go through her. She had totally forgotten it was her birthday as she ran downstairs looking for her. She had not expected the surprise of her family to be all in a party mood at ten o'clock in the morning for her birthday. She wasn't complaining tho.

She let out a laugh of shock when Sirius came running up to her, swinging her about happily.

"My little niece is now nineteen! I swear you were four just yesterday" he pouted, ruffling her already messy bed head.

"Nineteen! Dear Merlin you're so old" said Maximus causing Rosalind to snort and stick her tongue out at him. The boy came running over with Tonks to pull her into a bone crushing hug, pulling her away from Sirius and in between them.

"Come! Come! Present time!" Tonks cheered happily, dragging the girl over to the table where various presents waited for her. Fleur was quick to sweep in and greet her, pressing a loving kiss to her lips that had Maximus and Reinmond playfully gagging.

"Not infront of the older brother please" Reinmond grinned, pulling her into a big hug of his own once Fleur had let go of her. He was having to stop himself from crying seeing how grown up she was, she wasn't his little baby sister that needed protecting anymore. She was a grown woman who could fight her own battles, she didn't need to hide behind him or hold his hand when she was scared. To him she would always be his baby sister no matter what, but he knew she had to fly the nest one day.

"Didnt I say not to get me presents" she glanced at them all, only to receive mischievous shrugs and grins back. They didn't care, they would still get her presents no matter what she said.

"Do we ever listen? No. Now open them" Remus laughed at his lovers sassy comment and was the first to hand Rosalind a present from him. She smiled softly at the brown wrapping paper and ripped it open, a box full of muggle chocolate staring back at her which made her squeal happily. She loved muggle chocolate, dare she say it was better than the ones from honey dukes.

"I got the Cadbury caramel one you liked. I know it's not much" he was cut off as she hugged him tightly, stammering out many 'thankyous' for the five bars he had gotten her. Everyone in the room beamed seeing her excitement, her emotions were contagious.

"Now open ours, Ginny and Ron contributed" Molly smiled sweetly at her, handing her a large box. She thanked the woman and her husband before placing the box onto the table and pulling the lid off to reveal clothes of her fashion sense but summery ones made for hot weather.

"We thought you may need some more clothes for Romania. Maximus came with us to pick them out" said Arthur, coming up to place his hand around his wife's shoulders. The raven haired girl squealed seeing band tank tops and graphic crop tops that were obviously from muggle shops in the box. Laughing to herself thinking about Arthur Weasley in a shop full of muggles, she wish she would have been there to see how excited he would have been. She rushed to hug them, getting squashed between the two ginger adults as they hugged her back. They had scraped up some money they had saved to go shopping for her, it was entirely worth it seeing how happy she was.

"Thankyou so much, you shouldn't have" she said, already thinking of ways to pay them back for the money they had spent on her. She knew they didn't have a lot, even when offering to give them all the money they needed they still refused and kept humble about everything, they didn't like to be loaded with cash, they liked to work for it and at times like this it made their gifts more special.

"My turn, little sister" Reinmond held out a small black box to her, Rosalind pressing a kiss to his cheek as she took it from him.

"Open it later" he smirked, pressing a peck to her forehead as he whispered the words quietly. She instantly smiled and tucked the box into the pocket of her Pyjamas, ignoring the curious looks from the others.

"My turn!" Sirius pushed Reinmond out of the way, the boy stumbling back into Remus at the force his uncle just used.

"I have many, so get prepared" she giggled as he winked and rushed out of the room, coming in carrying a new broom that was pained black with snake designs on it. She let out a gasp at the beautiful broom and rushed forwards to hold it, handling it ever so gently in her hold.

"How did you-"

"I'm Sirius black, I have my ways" he smirked, chuffed with himself at her reaction.

"I love it! Thankyou so much" she brought him into a bone crushing hug, the man laughing as he hugged her back and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"There's another thing too" he pulled out a red box with a nostalgic smile and handed it to her gently. She opened it and gasped at what was inside, a beautiful silver necklace that held a Rose figurine incrusted with diamonds and two single pearls on either side of it.

"Regulus had given it to me when we were younger, told me to give it to the woman I grew to love" Rosalind was in shock at the beautiful piece, looking up when Sirius caressed her hair softly.

"As we can tell I'm deeply in love with a man but a woman does hold a place in my heart. You, my little rose" she rushed into his arms again, sniffing gently at his heart warming words. She now had apart of her uncle Regulus with her too. Kreature looked down at the name of his old master, missing him greatly. But he had Rosalind now and she wouldn't leave him like Regulus was forced to. To him, Regulus lived on within her.

"You shall get my present later" Fleur winked causing them all to groan.

"Infront of the family?!" Sirius placed his hands over his ears and fell back into Remus, the scarred man chuckling at his dramatics.

"Oh I cant wait Frenchy"

Her mind wandered back to those in Hogwarts, it was her first birthday she enjoyed without them and she missed them greatly. What she didn't know was that tons of presents were about to fly in from them all.

"Fuck me! That owl just dropped a bloody box on my head!"

✍︎︎