"I'm trying"

I wake with my head on the window. I turn to my right and see that Keaton has fallen asleep. His blanket has fallen off of him, so I gently try put it back on him, without waking him.

I see on the plane tracker on the screen in front of me that we have a good 20-30 minutes before we land. I take out my laptop again and decide to sort through photos I don't need. I click on the 'trash' icon on the bottom of my screen, then scroll right down to the bottom. There are all sorts of random photos I've taken. I just start deleting about 50 photos at a time. I don't even remember taking half of these photos.

I stop.

I defiantly don't remember taking this picture. I remember the night though, almost too much.

It's the night we met. Wes and I. We're hugging. Saying goodbye intact. I remember.

Nicole must've taken the picture because you can see it was taken from inside the car.

I take the picture and drag it into the file called 'photos to keep'.

I don't know why I did, I just, did.

I go into the folder and double click on the image to enlarge it. There's almost every part of me saying its a disgusting picture. Almost.

"Hey what's that?"

I slam my laptop shut.

"Nothing"

"Didn't look like nothing" Keaton says

"You were sleeping, please go back to that"

Keaton ignores me and slowly opens my laptop. I don't try and stop him, it'll just make him want to look at it more.

When he can finally see the picture, all he says is

"oh"

I slap the laptop closed and put it back into my bag. I turn back to Keaton, take a deep breath to get ready to explain but I just let out a deep sigh and shake my head. I face the window and ignore Keaton for the remainder of the flight

When we land I quickly grab my stuff and get off the plane. As soon as I have reception on my phone I call Becca.

"Hey, you've reached Becca, leave a message and I'll get back to you"

"So Becca do you want to tell me how I got put on the same flight as the groups? The flight you were supposed to be on?! Where are you?! I'm so angry.. Just.. Text or call me.. I don't know what to do"

I end the call leaving that message.

I take a deep breath, put my heads on my head and try to figure out what to do. For starters I don't even know where I am and there's only two people I know so far, but im not exactly on speaking terms with one of them.

I have to talk to them though. I can't walk around an unknown city by myself. I gather my things and walk over to them.

Wes see's me first and smiles.

"Keaton" I say

Keaton turns to see me and smiles.

"Ella!!"

"Keaton.. I.. I..need.."

"Well spit it out"

"I need your help"

Keaton laughs

"Oh really? What with?"

"Well I don't know where we are for starters"

"Oh we're in Miami, Florida, apparently"

"Miami? Wow, oh and I.. Don't really know anyone apart from you.. So.."

"So.. You want a friend for the day?"

"Uh...yeah" I say shyly

Keaton laughs.

"Sure I'll be your friend" He says winking

I laugh

"Thanks, so.. How are we getting to the house?" I ask

"There's a bus coming to pick us all up" Wes blurts out

"...Thanks.. I'll just..I'll just wait..outside then.." I say

I walk off leaving them.

"...Dude, Seriously?" I hear Keaton say

"...I'm sorry I couldn't help it!!" Wes says

"...just take it easy"

"...I'm trying"

I stop walking.

He's trying.

Trying to be a good person but I just keep shutting him down.

I turn around and walk back to them.

I can't belive I'm doing this.

"Wes! Do you have any water? I'm parched!"

Parched Ella? Who the hell says parched?

Wes looks surprised. Very surprised,

"uh... Yeah...yeah...yeah I... I do" He stutters

Then he just looks at me

"Well? Can I?... Can I have some?" I say

"Oh, right, yes"

He gets his water bottle from his bag and hands it to me. I take a sip from it, then hand it back.

"Thanks, now, i'll see you guys later"

"oh wait Ella, before you go I want you to meet the third member of our group Drew Chadwick, well that is officially meet him"

Wes points to a taller blonde to his left.

"Hey, I'm Drew" he puts his hand out for me me to shake

I shake his hand and smile.

"if you didn't guess I'm Ella, nice to meet you"

"Okay we'll I'll see you boys soon, I just gotta make some phone calls while we wait"

"Seeya Ella" They all say

I smile at them and walk off.

"...your such a loser" I hear Drew say to Wes

"...How?"

"...you totally crumbled just then"

"...dude I played it cool"

Keaton and Drew both laugh.

"...Okay bro, okay" Keaton says

I laugh to myself. It wasn't bad. It wasn't hard. Would I talk to him again? Yeah probably. Have my thoughts on him changed? Even a tiny bit?

I don't know.