"Its Different now"

Drew, Keaton and i return back at the house at about 8:30, after shopping the whole day. Wes came with us, but left at about 7:00. He said he was ahaving a skype with a friend back home and had to come back.

Its strange though. I never would have thought 3 days ago i would have become really good friends with Keaton and Drew, and even Wes, i never would've thought i'd even be on speaking terms with him.

"So guys, what should we do now?" Drew says as we all slump on the sofa.

"We could go see a movie?" Keaton says hopefully

"Yeah that sounds good to be honest" I say

"Hey, do you guys know where Wes is?" Keaton says

"Isn't he skyping with a friend?" I say

"Yeah, but he doesnt usually talk for this long" 

"He's probably sleeping, or in his room on instagram" Drew laughs

Me and Keaton laugh too.

"He'll be around somewhere" I say

But i have a feeling i know where he'll be. 

I sleep on the top floor of the house and my window looks out to the pool and the grass area behind it. Every night when i go to close my curtains i see Wes sitting there. By himself. I guess its where he goes to think.

Keaton comes closer to me and Drew and lowers his voice.

"Hey do you know if he's ok? Like he seemed pretty down this morning and i dont know whats up. He's not telling me anything"

"Have you thought that maybe it could be with Ella being here? Oh Ella im not saying that offensivley" Drew says

"No. no. i get it. I think i know why he was 'Different' as you say this morning" I say

"What happened" Keaton asks curiously

"He...kinda..ask..me..to uhh. go on a date with him?"

"and..?"

"I may have said...no" i say awkwardly

"....oh"

"Im sorry, i didnt know it would upset him like that"

"Its not your fault Ella, you shouldnt have to do something you dont wanna do"

He's right. But i did want to say yes this morning. But i said no.

"I should probably go talk to him"

"You dont have to Ella"

"I've been thinking about what you said on the plane Keaton, about him trying, and he is trying, and i can see that. So i might aswell acknowledge what he's doing"

Drew and Keaton dont say anything they just stare at the floor.

"Now that i think about it, what happened between him and i was nearly two years ago. I guess i should really move on from that. I mean it was a shock to see him that day at auditions and i guess..i guess i just panicked. I want him and i to be friends. I've been thinking about it and i really dont think that me ignoring him or acting like i dont care is really going to mend anything there was."

Maybe it wasnt Wes.

Maybe he was just trying to make things better and i kept pushing him away.

"So what now?" Drew says

I think about it for a split second but i already know what i need to do.

"I guess i'll just have to talk to him wont i"

~~~

Keaton and Drew left to go to the movies about 10 minutes ago. I stood at the door to the outside for about 10 minutes arguing with myself whether or not to go outside and actually talk to Wes. I decided in the end to talk to him.

When i get outside its a cola and starry night. IM wearing my L.A sweatshirt Keaton was wearing this morning, my jeans and my white converse. I search around for Wes for a bit because its dark and i cant see a thing. The only lights are the ones from the bedrooms up the top. I eventually see Wes' 'PLAY' snapback which is practically glowing because its so white. He's sat on the grass behind the pool. I walk over to him, practicing what im going to say in my head.

I take a deep breath and sit next to him.

"Hi"

"Hey Ella"

"What you doing?" 

"Thinking, Where's Keaton and Drew?"

"Oh.. they went to go see a movie"

"You didnt go with them?"

"No, i uh...needed to talk to you"

"Really? about what?"

I pause.

"Us" I say slowly

"Oh..well you dont need to because there's nothing really to talk about"

"But Wes, there is. Theres so much we need to sort out. Ok I know i've been an idiot for holding what happened two years ago against you. Im sorry, and i only see it now. I know your trying to be friends."

Wes faces me.

"Ella you dont understand. OK what i did was stupid and i'll never be able to fix that. But i want to start again. Im sorry Ella, for it all, i really am. I wish i could've just gone back to see you then this wouldnt have happened. But for some reason you came back into my life and im not going to screw it up this time."

I look Wes straight in the eyes and he looks into mine.

"We were 17, and i only realize now that things have changed and we, i especially need to move on with our lives. We both have things we want to do with our lives. Its different now"

Wes shakes his head and smiles.

"Nothing different Ella, Not for me anyway. Sure We're older, but even two years ago i found myself falling for a girl, and no matter what i did i couldnt stop thinking about her. I wanted her. and i still want her"

Wes could be right. Maybe its not different. The guy i fell for two years ago is sitting right in front of me and he's not any different.

Wes and i move closer together, and im not stopping myself.

"So what happens now." I ask

"We could just forget it all happened and just be friends, because that seems like the only avaliable option right now."

My stomach turns.

"But i...i dont want to.." I say

Wes' face comes closer to mine.

"Just say no if you want me to stop" He whispers

His forehead and nose touch with mine.

"Yes" I smile and whisper

Wes smiles and takes my face in both of his hands and crashes his lips to mine. When he pulls apart, i wish he hadnt.

"There's one thing thats different" Wes says

"Whats that?"

"That night, at lukes party, i didn't kiss you when i should have"

I smile and pull his face closer to mine.

"Im glad you changed that"

Wes smiles and kisses me.