"Well that was unexpected"

I ended up not going back home last night. After I finished my lifeguard duties, Wes, Drew, Keaton and I watched movies at theirs. I just crashed on their couch with Wes' arm draped around me.

I lie awake, but my eyes are still closed, I'm taking in all the sounds. There's not much, just walking around upstairs, and the boys lightly snoring. My head is on Wes' lap while my body is sprawled out on the couch. I hear somebody get up and nudge Wes. He wakes up careful not to stir me.

"What Drew" he whispers

"Is she ok?" Drew whispers back

"What do you mean?"

"Well Keaton said she was crying yesterday, is she ok?"

Wes pauses. I hold my breath. "She's fine, just mood swings that's all"

I breathe out easy. He didn't tell him. Trust.

"Oh ok then," Drew says believing him. "We should get up now, it's 9:30"

"Yeah sure, get Keaton up"

I hear a thud and then Keaton groan.

"Get up" Drew says

Wes laughs. "Ella. Ella, wake up"

I pretend like I just got up. I stretch and open my eyes.

"Hey you" I say looking up at Wes.

He kisses my forehead "hey beautiful" I smile, I like it when he calls me that "would you like breakfast?"

I lean up. "That's ok, I should probably head home now"

"I'll take you" Wes says

"But my car"

"Drew and I will drop it off later, that is if you trust me with your car"

I laugh "I trust you"

"Great, I'll take you in 10?"

"Sounds good"

Wes gets up disappearing going upstairs. Leaving me with Keaton and Drew.

"Ella, your hair is a mess" Keaton says jokingly

"Thanks Keaton, so is yours" I laugh trying to fix my hair.

Wes comes running back into the room smiling.

He smirks at me.

"What?" I ask

"Ella somulton, will you be my date?"

"Date? For what?"

"The country club down the road are having a fancy arsed party this Friday, like awards, music, ball dancing crap, my mums getting an award for service, and apparently we are performing a couple of songs, but we are required to bring dates, so will you do me the honour in being my date this Friday night" he says bowing and holding out his hand.

I laugh and jump up from the couch.

"I would be delighted Mr Stromberg" I say giving a little curtsy and placing my hand in his.

As soon as he has hold of my hand he pulls me forward and I crash into him.

"You two better hurry and find dates or all the good ones will be gone, apparently this is a really big thing and half the towns going"

Keaton and Drew groan.

"You're only making that sound because I got the best date and you have to settle for second best" Wes says making me blush.

"Stop trying to impress her Wes" drew says.

Wes laughs then walks me out of the room. My stuff is already packed by the front door since I was planning on leaving last night but obviously didn't end up going.