"He's not like that"

This Chapter is dedicated to Emblem3ilvu because she always votes and comments and has been here pretty much from the start, she really makes me smile. So yeah, girl you rad as balls :))

Ella's P.O.V:

I didn't want to say it. Not before Wes says it anyway. I walk in with his arm looped through my arm. I felt safe and comfortable.

I was upset with him. Just because he knew what he was going to say but he didn't say it and that really bugs me. But I wasn't going to show it, especially on Laraine's big night.

There are so many people here. All dressed up fancily. When we walk in, Wes is instantly swarmed with people talking to him. People walk past and compliment me on how I look, and I'm not going to lie, tonight I actually think I look pretty and if somebody compliments me I am going to take it I don't care who it's from.

"Ella!"

I turn around to see brianna in a stunning purple dress. She instantly gives me a hug.

"So good to see you! You look amazing by the way" I say smiling at her.

"I think we both can agree that you are the one who looks amazing" brianna says giving me a wink.

I laugh. "Thank you, I really tried hard tonight, I've never been to something like this before" I say awkwardly

Brianna laughs "it'll be ok, you got an awesome date so it'll be fine"

I laugh and turn around to Wes, but he isn't there.

"Speaking of my date, where is he?"

"He probably got dragged off by a whole bunch of people"

"Probably" I say annoyed. "Well I should probably go find him then, I'll see you later tonight"

"Bye Ella, you really do look amazing by the way"

I smile and walk off in the opposite direction.

20 minutes later I'm exhausted. Whilst trying to find Wes, people kept talking to me and asking me questions. I hardly even had time to find Wes. I retreat to the punch table and go to get myself a drink.

"Wow Ella you look beautiful"

I turn around and see carter standing behind me. I practically choke on my drink.

"Carter?! What are you doing here?!" I ask.

"This is what I was talking about earlier today, my mums big dinner party?"

"Oh.. Right"

"So are you here alone?" Carter says grabbing a cup of punch and starting conversation with me.

"No no, I have a date" I say trying to avoid eye contact.

"Oh really who is he?"

"I can't actually find him to be honest"

"Oh, what's his name?"

"Wesley"

"Oh so are you guys like dating and stuff?"

I was hoping carter wouldn't ask that question. I was hoping to keep him and Wes apart for as long as possible. They would hate each other.

"Yep..."

"Right, well I hope I can meet him sometime"

I smile. But not because of carter, I find Wes. Actually my ears do. I hear him singing on stage. So that's where he went.

"I knew a Wesley, my girlfriend in 9th grade cheated on me with a Wesley, never liked that guy" carter says.

"Yeah that's great carter" I say. I don't even remember what he said. I am just so fixated on Wes singing I just forget he's there.