"Its better if i show you"

New Years Eve

(Part 1)

Ella's P.O.V:

I had been pacing my room for the past hour. Or at least I think it was an hour. Lets just say the time in between ending my call with my college scouts and now. They said they wanted to discuss big things with me.

I just wasn't quite prepared for what they had asked of me.

I press the top corner of my phone on my lips unsure of what to do next. My first instinct was to call Nicole and ask for advice, but then I decided not too because she has her own life now.

I finally give up, unsure of what to do so I just flop down on my bed and make a frustrated sound as I look up at the ceiling.

I hear a knock at my door and then the door open. Oh cool cause I totally said 'come in' .

"You ok kiddo?" Jordan says stepping into my room and shutting the door behind him. After the wedding Jordan made no hesitation to move back in with us. He moved straight back into his old room which is right next to mine.

"Fantastic" I say sarcastically.

"Oh so do you usually pace for an hour a day and scream in frustration? Wow I really did miss a lot while I was away" He scoffs.

I sit upright and see him sitting on my desk chair. "Jordan?"

"Mm.."

"When you left, did you ever miss us, or just your life here in general"

The thing with Jordan is that I don't have to hold back. I can just throw anything at him and he'll be ok with it. To a certain extent that is.

"Yes and no. I mean I missed you, I missed Nicole, heck there were times when I missed mum and dad. But then I was reminded why I left so those feelings went away. But don't you think for one second that I didn't stop thinking about you or Nicole because I didn't"

Silent falls upon us as I think about his words.

"Why do you ask?" He finally speaks up.

"Because all these years I thought that you never missed me, that's why you never called or anything.." I mumble.

"I always missed you El, and Nicole, I just wanted you to move on, you didn't need someone like me being a bad influence and it kills me that I never got to watch you grow up like I should have. I should've been there for you like any good older brother. But I wasn't and I'll never forgive myself for that" He speaks so softly as to try and not hurt me with his words.

I wipe away a few tears from my cheek before I speak again. "Well you're here now so that's all that matters"

Jordan gets up from my desk chair an comes to sit next to me on my bed. He pulls me close to him to show how protective he is. It's as if this little movement is saying "you're my little sister and as long as I'm here nothing will ever hurt you"

"Now why have you been pondering for the past hour" He says giving me comfort.

I inhale a deep breath "it was Princeton.."

"And?"

"A spot opened up for my course and they want me to take it"

"That's fantastic Ella!"

I smile slightly but then it drops "Yeah but the catch is, is they want me to start in two weeks"

Jordan's jaw drops. He quickly gathers himself up and becomes the supportive brother that I need. "Well.. Do you want to start in two weeks?"